Tales,Trails and Trials of a (wet) Dream Machine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please post a picture of the motor that interfaces with the tie rods for the steering assist?

B3936E8C-6E70-4119-A08A-FC2FC4FD00F5.jpeg

That’s the motor attached to the steering column, angled up to the left painted black. No enterference with foot activity, tons of clearance and can’t really see it when sitting behind the wheel.

That appendage is amazing:smokin:

The future is drive by boredom...no thanks.

At cruiserfest 2016. “THE” museum had a showing of the 200 series Landcruiser. It had so many features it really wasn’t a Landcruiser any more. If for some IMPROBABLE reason it broke down you might have to just leave it to the wolves.

Or call a group of pigs to tow it to safety:pig:

If any one decides it use a power steering kit from epowersteering, here is a dimensioning map it help.

Here’s map

DED0FA33-B966-4B18-BF2E-76A3AD7FC3BE.jpeg

On the took out for the following fasteners
3- of the 5 mm in descent condition ( head not stripped)
1- of the 8 mm hood bolts
9A217A84-CD15-4D66-9EE7-59F5ECAA7E39.jpeg

Will post in the classified section too

Also need fitting on top of the head that feeds the water to the heater

Thanks

On the took out for the following fasteners
3- of the 5 mm in descent condition ( head not stripped)
1- of the 8 mm hood bolts
Will post in the classified section too
[/QUOTE"]
Im sure I have them.
Send me a PM with an address to send them to and I'll get out to the shop in the next few days and dig them out.

So the latest on my rods is that they are being shipped the 22nd. Cross my fingers :bounce:

In the mean time, I installed the front locker switch below my power steering adjustment control and completed the bracket for the Air/Fuel meter and water temp gauge.

Boring diatribe in know, yadda, yadda, yadda. Hopefully some juice for next week. Getting the bends not have my mistress around. She's not even near by to visit and stroke her after dinner. Even my dogs miss her. :(

unnamed.jpg
unnamed 2.jpg

That gordobe is the laziest sorry piesa a tire rubber I every took a notion to. I been in this rehab hole for months surrounded by nothin but a bunch foreign hoadads. Stupid names like Delahei, Buggatii and there’s even one named after Mick Jagger (bless his heart), I mean who names a car Jagger.
He’s bin promising a visit from the candy man an just givin me little bits fish bait.

I need my rods bad man, I need a tank a gas, I need to oil my crank, I need a new plan Sam, I don’t want to look back jack, I wanna hit the road toad.

Oh crap, I here him comin. I’m not allowed to be plain wit his electronic toys. Tell him to get his crap together would ya.

Looks like my mistress has been talking smack about me behind my back.
Well, the candy man showed up Friday. Yeeha.

So the mechanic is going set the # 1 and 6 pistons in place and check to see if they are both sitting at the same height in the cylinders then shave the block if needed. Then the build can start.

Finally wenching!!!

6C450847-EBB9-4EE0-869D-A21275F51324.png
9A894712-B10B-4C44-A220-1C100B1E89B9.png
D7CD97B2-CEBC-42A5-8D7A-60955CA55767.png

So one piston was sitting higher in the block by 4 thou. So the block went in to get her self shaved smooth an level. I kinda like the sound of that. Guess waxing wasn’t gonna work.

Getting the jumpies. Or maybe the shakes or is it the jitters. Or just plain jonesing for my queen bee to bee buzzing around the forest.

Don’t take this the wrong way...you sure got a pretty mouth fella :p

Have you weighed the new pistons & rods yet? Curious if you saw as much weight reduction as estimated earlier.

Can’t wait to see this come together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom