Tales,Trails and Trials of a (wet) Dream Machine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That feller there that been talkin about it...

Has anyone seen a sniper installed on a 2F???

BC9BB0EB-4F87-4B03-A14A-47CD1D08F283.png

81139CCD-4E05-41EA-8169-6355293EC422.jpeg

FE05CDD2-D4EB-4A0D-AF1D-092D8A4C4242.jpeg

FE31F8BE-37A7-468A-9E00-45867904733E.jpeg

If I lived in one of those screwball smog inspection areas I would run a Sniper 363 days a year. The other two I would spend putting my carb and all the smog nonsense back on for the test.

Great pics
Thanks

What are the benefits and how significant???
Power increase??
Fuel efficiency??

Great pics
Thanks

What are the benefits and how significant???
Power increase??
Fuel efficiency??

A proper fuel and ignition system are paramount to keeping those beautiful pistons intact, so the benefits are priceless!

These are self-learning EFI systems, so they tune themselves to your engine. Power increase and fuel efficiency would be on par with a perfectly tuned carburetor on a stock motor. Carburetors are rarely perfectly tuned tho, and carbs that are out of tune (rich or lean) will destroy your engine over time. Since your motor has taken a wonderful turn from the stock configuration, this should be better able to supply the perfect air:fuel ratio over a carb designed for a stock motor.

If I lived in one of those screwball smog inspection areas I would run a Sniper 363 days a year. The other two I would spend putting my carb and all the smog nonsense back on for the test.

Some places just do a tail pipe test, so FI would have no problem beating standards set for a carby

It would be 728 days. Smog is every 2 years.

Once I went EFI on my ice racer I never looked back, so much better in every type of weather.

Some places just do a tail pipe test, so FI would have no problem beating standards set for a carby

yeah, NV just does a tail-pipe test on pre-ODB vehicles, so when I took the 74 FJ40 in after I built it (5.7 Vortec, 4L60E), they didn't care about the ODB-II port, the just ran the probe up her backside and it passed.

TX is even better: no smog check for vehicles over 25 years old.

California favors the smell of patchouli oil, musk oil and cannabis over automobile emissions. The first two make me puke the last one well, not allowed to drive after a dose.

I would just call big brother and ask some specific questions about what you plan and what parts you are considering and see what he says. If I didn’t like the answers I would “A” move out of California or “B” do it anyway and bank that the dipshiit doing the visual won’t notice that the “carburetor” is a fuel injector under the factory air cleaner.

PIGUS COITUS INTERUPTUS:

So wife, daughter and I go out for my birthday dinner three days early because daughter will be gone this week. While in route I mention how I miss my pig, seeing how it’s been in rehab for 4 months and will be for another month (detoxing from some bad meth). So while desert is being served daughter hands me a nicely wrapped gift in a bag.
Best birthday present ever.

902D3C0B-6876-4C2A-9131-C880AFDC2E92.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom