Tales,Trails and Trials of a (wet) Dream Machine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So it guess I’m gonna be gettin out a rehab soon, so I thought I’d git me a mani pedi and a sperm perm wit some highlights. I am still madder then the dickends that they didn’t let me get a boob job.

7194CBBB-878E-4E0E-A7B3-7FA046ACD51E.png

Here’s all the window dressing laid out, labeled and prepped, ready to adorn my mistress of the dark side.
If the cards are with me, tomorrow, this heart of my folly Molly will be back in the saddle ready to ride into some new found sunrises.

2DFCF408-CBD6-40C4-9D32-90F019513E96.png
9F44882D-9A65-41BB-A441-FE886B9A8D94.png

So I just looked this stuff up on Amazon. $70 for a three pack😳
Is this what you paid? What do you think about it?

I bought a 1 gal container and I standard aerosol can. Can’t remember cost but I think it was more then some of the generic products. I like it because it acts as a stand-alone sealer or as a primer.

Things left to bring piggie out of her comatose state

Install carburetor and related hoses
Install distributor and related wires
Install battery and related stuff
Install 2 drivelines
Pre-pump oil into her veins
Fill with engine oil and fill radiator
Install hood
FIRE IN THE HOLE

Yeh baby, that's what I'm talking about

Due to mom day all this will have to wait till Monday
HOPING ALL MOMS GET SPECIAL TREATMENT TODAY!!!

So didn’t get a chance to check in late yesterday. Ran engine last night for 60 seconds. Then had to go home

8FC0B18E-7B55-4E7E-AD80-1F942BD582AF.png

Today was the grand finale. Checked for fluid leaks ( none). Checked for lose fastener (none found). Made final adjustments. And bingo another running pig.

AD312E59-E7CC-4E30-9BFB-9F7EA5334D0A.png

I have installed an air fuel sensor and a auxiliary digital temp gauge.

871E1875-D08D-4A58-88EC-A690DC523366.png

Instead of the engine going vvvvvrrrrrrooooommmm, vvvvrrrrrrooooommmm it goes vroom, vroom. The response from the accelerator to the engine is quick and very very smooth.

Now to break it in, in time for PP19

Great job Gordon. Seems like you’re maximizing the performance of your 2F. I’m a week or two behind you. Updating the 350 in my Pig to later model with fuel injection, hoping for similar results and intending to be ready for the Pig Party.

So my mistress is home and happy.

5FAEF81C-C4D7-4C35-8E46-98E501FFFFD1.png

Have been following breaking in rules of etiquette and have almost 100 miles on the mattress. The fuel air ratio fluctuates between 13.2 and 14 when cruising. 12.5 to 13.3 when under load or going up hills. Next week it will get re- torqued and tuning will get checked. The later model rocker assemble is definitely quieter.

I took a video of a cup of water sitting on the valve cover and revved the engine a couple of times, the water maintained the same wiggle during the rev cycles..
I tried attaching the video file for fun viewing but the iPhone format won’t upload.

Thanks for the great comments and support during this 5 month engine build.

Now to plan some excursions.

So my mistress is home and happy.

View attachment 1978917

Have been following breaking in rules of etiquette and have almost 100 miles on the mattress. The fuel air ratio fluctuates between 13.2 and 14 when cruising. 12.5 to 13.3 when under load or going up hills. Next week it will get re- torqued and tuning will get checked. The later model rocker assemble is definitely quieter.

I took a video of a cup of water sitting on the valve cover and revved the engine a couple of times, the water maintained the same wiggle during the rev cycles..
I tried attaching the video file for fun viewing but the iPhone format won’t upload.

Thanks for the great comments and support during this 5 month engine build.

Now to plan some excursions.
Great build :cheers:
How does it feel under load?

Gotta upload your vids to YouTube first then link them here.

So took piggie in for a 250 mile check up. Sent oil sample in to check for “STD’s” (stupid tiny dirt). Torqued all that needed re-torqued. Adjusted valves, got California smog (proctologist) signed of (every 2 years). Thorough inspection. Changed brake fluid.

Then decided to remove some-more wasted energy from the 2F by installing a fan clutch.

EC1066BE-0C42-486F-B1E6-415726706FA6.png

Wooow!!!
Out of all the things I have done to my cruisers over the last 46 years this has to the most significantly noticeable improvement ever. For the first time ever, I can actually hear the engine. It is so quiet I am in shock. It is as quiet as most modern cars. There is no roar. Just a smooth hum. One can actually have a quiet conversation while running at 3000 rpm. I feel like piggy just arrived to the 21 century.

This beast has a much snappier rev then any I have owned in the past. How much difference it will make under load only time will tell. Running great on regular gas. With the 32” x 6” Copper pizza cutters am hoping to get a mile or two more per gallon.

This week I will be using her as my daily driver which will put on about 80 miles a day, 50% windy mountain roads an 50% freeway.

Great shake down for PP19

So I got the results of the oil I had tested at 250 miles and the report came back perfectly normal. I now have 700 miles on her and she idles so quiet you almost can’t hear the engine while inside the cab.

When you go through the gears it’s just a smooth quiet hum. Now the transmission is what you hear at higher speeds.

Looking forward to first road trip, PP Utah 19

The doctor said I can run this engine at 3100 rpm all day long. With my 32” coopers that’s 70 mph

Is it quicker to rev with the light weight, balanced rotating assembly?
Any vibes at idle?

Are you able to post a startup video?

I'd love to see/hear it running.

Great work, glad it's working out for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom