Southern California Brothers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The storm is coming,

Weather people working on keeping their job.

I chained my house the my land cruiser's, so the house will not blow away, and i've chained myself to the chimney so that I can watch it all happen. You know, the Forest Gump, Lieutenant Dan thing.

Weather people working on keeping their job.

I chained my house the my land cruiser's, so the house will not blow away, and i've chained myself to the chimney so that I can watch it all happen. You know, the Forest Gump, Lieutenant Dan thing.
Time to seal the Ziploc on your stash, Gordobe.

It passed east of us in the mountains. It was a steady rain all day but not out of hand. The wind just started to pickup but also not excessive. Think we are going to survive this one.

It was interesting, to say the least. Me and the missus got up early this morning and drove to Ventura (13 miles from epicenter)to help a friend batton down the hatches. Got half a dozen deferred home improvement projects squared away for her before the storm landed. We were relaxing on the couch when the quake hit.

What made it extra interesting is that she lives in a house made of river rock!😱 She bolted for the door. Wife and I didn’t move.

California natives.

While I was chained to the chimney waiting for the hurricane to suck my eye balls out. Low and behold the ground starts a shaking and everything started rattling in my brain and I see my wife and two dogs running for the land cruiser and climb in.

Turns out the epicenter was 5 miles from us. A couple dozen shakers later and all is calm. Still raining steady, no wind other then me howling at the moon.

Hope all the people in the path of Hilary Clinton fair better then we did.

Best to all

First hurriquake we have ever experiencedo_O
I bet it's pretty rare, but it does happen. My wife and I went on a trip to Hawaii (Big Island) in 2014. While we were there, a 4.5 magnitude earthquake about 25 miles away woke us up early on the morning of August 7th. The next morning the island was hit by Hurricane Iselle, the strongest tropical cyclone to make landfall on the island in recorded history. Not much damage from the hurricane, but they closed the beaches for a couple of days right in the middle of our vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom