Trailer for Wilbur? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Evening Braintrust,

So Wilbur is coming along. Think I'm going to switch out the custom aluminum radiator and electric fan he came with and go back to the original once it has been re-cored, etc. Have 2F in '73 pig. Thinking original radiator, mechanical fan (no fan clutch) and FJ60 shroud (slightly modified) will move more air than the 12" electric fan. Will update on that and parts for sale going forward. Right now, I need a trailer to haul Wilbur 120 miles to the beach & back. Our trip on the beach (Padre Island National Seashore) will be 4 days and 150 miles total. No facilities, no cell service, my portable VHF radio might reach someone. I have absolute confidence that Wilbur will rock the beach, but let's be real, he's not a highway truck. I measure him right at 18' long. Anyone in South TX have a trailer for rent or sale?

Thanks!!

Drive it 🧐🤔😉😘. I have well over 10,000 miles in a stock 🐷. Ya it Hurts, but the laughs🤣🤣 never end. Neither do the memories 😘🐷🐷🤣🤣
You know, the more I think about it, the more you are absolutely right. Wilbur might not be a "road truck", but he's not a "show truck" that needs to be hauled around either. I would rather have something go wrong on the highway than 50 miles down the beach anyway. Plus the looks and waves I get from almost everyone that sees an Iron Pig on the road are a blast.

yeah drive it. we drove our 63 40 to Ak from southern oregon. went up to Bellingham Wa took ferry to haines ak then up thru yukon on alcan this summer figured before the trip it was either the dumbest idea or would be the best trip. shouldnt have worried 28 hours of drive time lots of fuel stops and she did fantastic. the just flew bakc to northern oregon to get another pig off bat hoped in it after checking all fluids and did 530 miles day one. had that about 2 months now and over 3k miles. never know if you dont drive em.

Bought my first Pig sight unseen in Prescott AZ back in 2008. Picked it up while visiting friends in Phoenix. Filled it up, checked the oil and drove it 600 miles back to Colorado. Sold it a year later and drove it 900 miles to deliver it to the new owner in San Diego. Should have kept it. Would have saved a lot of time and effort building the Frankencruiser after I couldn’t shake the fever. Now I’m thinking about selling it and hope there’s a permanent cure.

Vehicles 007.jpg

pretty sure its terminal, was down to 4 cruisers two years ago now back to 9, thinking of selling off one pickup since i dont really need twins but also they are fun to drive in pairs every once in awhile to get 5 people around. but the pigs are the everyday go to.

pretty sure its terminal, was down to 4 cruisers two years ago now back to 9, thinking of selling off one pickup since i dont really need twins but also they are fun to drive in pairs every once in awhile to get 5 people around. but the pigs are the everyday go to.
Yeah, it's a disease. I had an FJ40 in the early '80's. She was a beast on the beach when I was single, but I always envied my buddy's Iron Pig. More room for beach camping gear, coolers, fishing gear, dogs, etc. Wanted one ever since. 40 + years later I decide to buy one. My wife is like "huh", you're flying where to buy what?? Then Wilbur comes home, she drives him and is completely hooked. Getting him prepped for beach life.

9 Cruisers? How many are Pigs?
Any build threads?

@PabloCruise 4 pigs, 70,71,74,77. 40s 63 and 68
45s 2 62swb and a 90 80 series. no build threads for any of the rigs just random threads with different rigs. But nothing of an actual build thread. they are all road worthy except one and get driven daily. my wife drives the 70 or 71 pig as her daily i drive the 71 or one of the pickups, the 40 and other 55s sit in Alaska and get driven while there a few months a year.

from my understanding no 6x were made in 90, sold as 90s but the last 6x was produced in 89, just going off other threads from years past
fj80 series were produced and sold in 90 91 92 then became the fzj80.
mine was first sold 11/90

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom