Events/Trails SSS (Southern Swine Soirée) 2023 - Land Between the Lakes KY. Let’s go! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

19-22

See you there!

IMG_1220.jpeg

Right in my backyard. Beautiful 170,000 acre federal land with an ORV park inside as well as many dirt trails that are torn up enough to need a 4x4.

The 22nd is my wife's birthday, though, so I might need to hie out early. Dispersed camping is $10 per night.

Lots of camping along the Tennessee river/Kentucky lake. Cumberland/Barkley lake side is less campable.

Of course the inside clearings are almost always available for camping.

By October, most of the idiots should be gone.

IMG_20230505_061700183.jpg
camp site on a beach on Tennessee river
IMG_20230504_183024139.jpg

IMG_20230503_160406570.jpg

Another pretty Tennessee river camp

IMG_20230503_114849131.jpg

One of the few dispersed sites on the Cumberland

So... LBL has several points of interest within the park, is 30 minutes from a great little distillery and 2 hours from Nashville.

It has a nice ORV park and a shooting range as well as a working living history farm.

My wife and I like to tour guide.

We could definitely fill 4 days with activities provided enough people were interested.

I’ve been to Nashville. It’s a city.

Distillery sounds cool!

Hilariously, we live 45 min from Broadway and have been there precisely once.

The great majority of our Nashville time is visiting the farmer's market, state museum and the armpit style restaurants in the outlying areas. Some of which put out some astonishing food. Best bbq around is sold out of a roadside stand in the middle of nowhere, and you can get to it from LBL by using a bubba car ferry. Not even kidding.

If you like distilleries, there is always this:

That website excludes the latest one in Clarksville just down the street from Old Glory called "Leatherwood." I've had their whiskey and it's pretty good as well.

Here's a BBQ joint just outside of LBL that is highly rated, but I haven't been to.

Sounds like some research is in order....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom