Snicklephritz87 - 60Series Restomod - Home garage restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went a hair nuts over Black Fritday. @dbbowen tipped me off to a toyota parts sale. I picked up a H55F from toyota Walnut creek for $2,300. I was planning on the TR4050 but for the savings it was a no brainer. I also picked up the Marks adapter kit and the appropirate clutch kit and flywheel.

I just need to buy the LS and wiring harness and i should be ready to drop the swap in.

I have an 8x8 storage unit and it’s all squirreled away fj60 parts.

I need the following and it’s all purchased.

Interior-
- seat belts

Exterior -
- metal work and paint (going to be getting it into primer then taking to a proper shop)

Engine -
Engine and wiring harness

Axels -
Rebuild parts
Lockers
suspension & tires

Last edited:
IMG_1292.jpeg

The rear seat powder coated with some sound deadening material.

I went a hair nuts over Black Fritday. @dbbowen tipped me off to a toyota parts sale. I picked up a H55F from toyota Walnut creek for $2,300. I was planning on the TR4050 but for the savings it was a no brainer. I also picked up the Marks adapter kit and the appropirate clutch kit and flywheel.

I just need to buy the LS and wiring harness and i should be ready to drop the swap in.

I have an 8x8 storage unit and it’s all squirreled away fj60 parts.

I need the following and it’s all purchased.

Interior-
- seat belts

Exterior -
- metal work and paint (going to be getting it into primer then taking to a proper shop)

Engine -
Engine and wiring harness

Axels -
Rebuild parts
Lockers
suspension & tires
There's no such thing as hair nuts when it comes to parts stashing=) Now, hairy nuts on the other hand. . .=)

My motor mount kit works really well with the Mark's adapter. And is way nicer then the included AA mounts

My motor mount kit works really well with the Mark's adapter. And is way nicer then the included AA mounts
Already have a lot from well sorted. We talked about this when i was looking for 40 engine mounts. Love the icon clones.

Already have a lot from well sorted. We talked about this when i was looking for 40 engine mounts. Love the icon clones.

Using the index holes on those will put the engine too far back to keep the H55f in the stock location, which is the whole point of the Mark's adapter. :meh: I don't care one way or the other, just trying to inform you of some potential issues.

Using the index holes on those will put the engine too far back to keep the H55f in the stock location, which is the whole point of the Mark's adapter. :meh: I don't care one way or the other, just trying to inform you of some potential issues.
Ahh. Well wanna trade my set for yours?

Is this a blower fan? I've never seen one mounted here..

1705910056301.png

Is this a blower fan? I've never seen one mounted here..

View attachment 3539062
Left hand drive 2F motor thing. Carb cooling fan. Maybe US-spec only, but I'm not sure. You know the side vents we have on our trucks on the front fenders (in front of the front doors)? Where your "G" badges usually are on Australia. It sucks air in from there and blows it on the carb after you turn the motor off. Prevents vapor lock so you don't have issues restarting the truck when the engine is hot.

Left hand drive 2F motor thing. Carb cooling fan. Maybe US-spec only, but I'm not sure. You know the side vents we have on our trucks on the front fenders (in front of the front doors)? Where your "G" badges usually are on Australia. It sucks air in from there and blows it on the carb after you turn the motor off. Prevents vapor lock so you don't have issues restarting the truck when the engine is hot.

Fascinating.. thank you.

Picked up a 5.3 - I gave up saving for a erod. I am just going to register it in a non Cali state. The block fit nicely in the 40.
IMG_1781.jpeg

Picked up a 1996 fj80 front axel to. Also bought a rear axel from @orangefj45 - i still need to snag it from Stockton.
IMG_1651.jpeg

IMG_1737.jpeg

Almost have the assesories figured out. I have a few more tensioners and waiting on Camaro PS pump. Once that’s complete i am going to tear the block down and get it to machine shop. More to come.
IMG_1941.jpeg

What is there to figure out? Why not just run the truck drive that has been shown to work perfectly countless times?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom