Snicklephritz87 - 60Series Restomod - Home garage restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More parts squirrels delivered stuff.

Lseats.com - dim gray
image.jpg

image.jpg

orikawa panels in grey

image.jpg

image.jpg

Eberlestock - mollie pouches for doors 2 large 2 small - gray

image.jpg

Headliner - cruiser corp in vinyl
gray tuffy console

Sound skins - deadening spectrum
image.jpg

Had some downtime over the holiday. Got the upholstery off. Sending it to @Tufve for his restoration. I am going to take all the panels to my blasting spot and paint or powder coat the seat frames.

Edit - naked front frames. Dropping them at blaster tomorrow. Gonna paint them flat black once clean. I will powder coat all visible metal. (The carpet edge frame and hinges. )

All hardware will be replated zinc. - i have a great service in NJ called vaporhone.com great work!

I wanted to send photos for good seat restoration photos. These seats are beat to hell for just 200k 60.

IMG_0481.jpeg

71555498807__7B420F13-7AFE-4BB9-BA93-8EDF37CE22F1.jpeg

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

IMG_0486.jpeg

71557607407__26D14452-6708-4B78-B06A-74AE547843E9.jpeg

IMG_0492.jpeg

71557607950__612FE733-DFFC-4498-859F-4A706D1E5A02.jpeg

IMG_0493.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve decided i am going to prototype rear seat levers. Does anyone have a fj62 to show me the rear seat lever? I want to make it fit all years. I might even make a few to sell.
image.jpg

Sent off the arms to be prototyped by my dads engineer friend. He’s going to model the levers in cad. The goal will be an inexpensive to mill parts with a similar matching anodized color to stock levers.(dark grey) i want to retain same length of lever. We may just minimize the shape a tad. - once i find out milling cost I’ll be selling a seat refresh kit.

Got hit with and instagram add made an impulse buy and got the armrest. I actually really like them. Quality is awesome.

Bracket latches to the window and they see magnetically attached. The arm rest is a 70 series but fits the 60. It’s a mix of high quality one plastic, metal and vinyl.

IMG_0606.jpeg

IMG_0609.jpeg

Finished up the dash! All vent Re foamed - all my vents broke upon removal. So had to order new vents. I have about 4-5 vents left from my resto on the dash if any one is interested.

Broke down the seats. Headed to blaster tomorrow. I am just going to rattle can theses frames. My zinc plate guy cannot do the hinges. So just did Eastwood chassis paint.

IMG_0618.jpeg

IMG_0617.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0615.jpeg

image.jpg

got the first half of the lever modeled. Once i get the other half of the retainer drawn. I’ll be sending it to a prototype person to machine.

Edit - added the othe half of lever.

IMG_0626.png

IMG_0625.png

IMG_0645.png

IMG_0644.png

Last edited:
Might need a small radii in that sharp corner, may help in manufacturing
I might just flatten off the radius for a flat lever. Depends on what my machine guy says. He makes bike brake parts so he’s got some serious 5 axis stuff.

Great job and project! Thanks for sharing! Sub’d

Not Land Cruiser related. Built a griddle top for my in counter grill. Very happy with the $300 investment! ($66 metal plate. $125 water jet fees, $125 sides and supports from send cut send)

A few finished photos and testing phase photos

IMG_0654.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0595.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom