Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any reason you are going countersink vs counterbore? I always like the look of a socket head cap screw the best ;)
I like exposed hardware but wanted the option to countersink for a flush look on the hardware. But to your point, the socket head caps can be utilized and still reveal with the taller versions - one of the main reasons I didn't want threads thru the mount itself.

And here's a ballbuster for your viewing pleasure=)

The steering wheel I chose. . .not compatible with telescoping a/o tilt steering columns. WTF, who makes a $1500 billet steering wheel that's not compatible with either? That leaves Billet Specialities or Ring Brothers. . .

Did someone say bong? =)

Last edited:
Initial armrest are ready for inspection! Pics later today. . .d'oh!

Snake blinder holes welded

Final interior coating of heat/sound spray today

Learned something new yesterday while talking to my body shop - matte paint. . .the initial clear coats are the normal clear, the matte is actually produced by the final clear coat, utilizing. . .yup, matte clear. So. . .gonna look at the overall paint visuals after the initial clear is down and decide at that point if I'll keep it or push through with the final matte.

Last edited:
Afaik, matte paint or clear cannot be buffed out. Any scratches can only be repaired by repaint. Gloss clear can be wet sanded and or buffed. To me matte is a color for a mostly show type of vehicle or driven in areas where scratches won't occur.

CORRECT!!! matte or satin clears................. GO *** yourself if you need to repair. NOT AN OPTION FOR YOU, IMO!

BC/CC if you are not going to trail the rig... Singe stage if you do....... Just my .02

END OF STORY

J

@White Stripe @TRAIL TAILOR That basically sums up what my body guy told me, triple asking me if I'm sure I want to go matte.

Also. . .went for a test drive in a Hellcat with a recent S/C & tune upgrade, pushing +/- 900hp/850tq, just to get an idea of what the 60's going to be like when she rolls out of J's shop. Are you f'n kidding me! J - I had no idea past the 'idea' of a 6.2/whipple combo. . .you hit it out of the park and I'm so f'n excited/thrilled, no sleep til Broklyn, baby!

Test drive video:

Shane

Also remember the Hellcat is a 3.70 gear ratio and you will be at at 4.10. So the pull off the line will be considerably different in your favor.

Tony's 2010 6.1L Challenger SMS SC (765RWHP- dyno'd) eats most Hellcats without the squeeze and leaves them in the dust with it.. We are thinking yours will outrun his Challenger with no squeeze once tuned.

Dingo tuned up currently will beat a 2016 C8 vette off the line and is bumper to bumper until about 90-100MPH. I outweigh them by 2500# as well. I'm at roughly 3.9-4.2 sec 0-60 time (AWD) but I still break free on occasion. 4.88s and 37s.

Jason
TT

I'm supposed to pick up a supercharger for my ls motor next week. I'm not going for that large of numbers though lol. I'd be happy with 550 or 600hp.
550-600hp. . .I remember when I was hoping to get 250hp, funny how things change. . .rapidly! And 550-600hp, isn't that just about what the CTS-V's were putting out from the factory? And squared - 550-600hp is a 60 series, WTF are we thinking=)

550-600hp. . .I remember when I was hoping to get 250hp, funny how things change. . .rapidly! And 550-600hp, isn't that just about what the CTS-V's were putting out from the factory? And squared - 550-600hp is a 60 series, WTF are we thinking=)
you know exactly what you're thinking.............get after it! :hillbilly:

I happen to know of a 62 with a tuned LS3 that pulled 6.26 0-60 2WD :)

Go get it Son!

Pass on the Matt paint, even hand prints become a problem. Special wash soap, and all mentioned above.

Also remember the Hellcat is a 3.70 gear ratio and you will be at at 4.10. So the pull off the line will be considerably different in your favor.

Tony's 2010 6.1L Challenger SMS SC (765RWHP- dyno'd) eats most Hellcats without the squeeze and leaves them in the dust with it.. We are thinking yours will outrun his Challenger with no squeeze once tuned.

Dingo tuned up currently will beat a 2016 C8 vette off the line and is bumper to bumper until about 90-100MPH. I outweigh them by 2500# as well. I'm at roughly 3.9-4.2 sec 0-60 time (AWD) but I still break free on occasion. 4.88s and 37s.

Jason
TT
J, I'm telling you. . .you've always nailed your builds within the parameters of the customer - respect. You knew I wanted something different and was sitting on the fence between the HiPo 2F and the C&C 6.2l combo. So, when you called and said. . hey, how's a SC'd AWD C&C 6.2l combo sound, I'm pretty sure I squealed like a 12 y/o girl. The idea, your enthusiasm and everything in-between was a 10/10. But you've always been like this. . .or at least since I've known you. The ass-ton of responsibility you have on your shoulders is enough to break most but you grind that axe every day - respect - but you still find the time/energy to help those around you, the LC community, and the icing on the cake for me was your family comes first motto. Can a customer ask for anything more? Nope but man, seriously, you never fail to surprise me. . .

Dreaming of the final product, the day I sit in her and turn her over for the first time. . .not a single day goes by where I haven't grinned ear2ear thinking about the moment we arrive at your shop. Then I read your (above) posts and my f'n face hurts from laughing. Seriously, it's a rare opportunity to have your cake and eat that mofo 2! Dingo and Nemesis roasting tires and slaying many unsuspecting muscle cars. . .I can't think of a better formal handshake than that, buddy.

And think about those numbers - Dingo's running a 3.9-4.2 sec 0-60, that's freaking Audi RS6/4 and R8 speeds, just simply insane! And if they pull as hard as the Hellcat pulled, I'm in serious trouble=)

Time to start designing that TT plaque!

I happen to know of a 62 with a tuned LS3 that pulled 6.26 0-60 2WD :)

Go get it Son!

Pass on the Matt paint, even hand prints become a problem. Special wash soap, and all mentioned above.
Stan - those numbers are crazy when you attach 60/62 to them! I've ridden/raced bikes with that type of guttural power, had a 450hp STi and a stock M3 but nothing like what J's designing/building. The Hellcat video above - the force I felt, being pushed into the seat, neck muscles tightening. . .it's been a while but ****, left me giddy for the remainder of the day.

I'm 99% sure this will be a rare time when I actually listen to logic. . .and not make a world of hurt for myself. The dark emerald frost (matte) is what sold me on that specific color but not being able to address issues when they happen, what's the point! Maybe if she was going to be a garage queen. . .which, **** me twice, will be partially true with the insurance limitations.

@TRAIL TAILOR you would've happen to have any 1st-10th degree of getting Lia Block to do a video, eh?

What's life without the dreams we make. . .

Not exactly what I envisioned but a good start. Back to the shop for a 45-55 degree drop on the grab handle and abt + 2” on the arm rest.

IMG_4956.jpeg

IMG_4958.jpeg

Second wind initiating in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. . .

Came home and had a surprise waiting for me. Scrap fender used as a tester. This is the frost paint but with clear. Pics don't do it justice, absolutely stunning in person. 1 of many problems solved. Couple of shots in different lighting, couple with two of the insert choices.

TestColorFenderIMG_5159.jpg

TestColorFenderIMG_5160.jpg

TestColorFenderIMG_5162.jpg

TestColorFenderIMG_5183.jpg

TestColorFenderIMG_5186.jpg

Looks like that would look good on a 60. Very unique too.
Much appreciated. Looks really different in person, pics make it appear tealish greenish something but it's more of a sliver greenish sparkly thing, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom