New Product - FJ60/62 - 60 series - Rear Seat Latch Replacement - Machined aluminum (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snicklephritz87

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_0942.jpeg

Hello all,

I recently undertook a project to start refurbishing my rear seat. One of my latches was brittle and broken. I luckily have a relative that is very skilled in parts production and CAD. He drew up the parts. I am wondering if anyone else here would like a set. If so I am targeting under $150 for the set with a anodized finish similar to stock. If we get more interest I could probably get the price point lower. I really need 50 people to agree to a set to lower pricing. The plan would be for me to front the manufacturing and sell the sets once complete.​
I am 3D printing prototypes this weekend. If they fit well - i am ready to order a batch.​
If your interested let me know below.​
video link to prototype - Youtube link

10/14/23 Edit -
Update on the "Snickle Latch"
I am pleased to provide you with an update on the "snickle latch" replacement project. This presents an excellent opportunity for us to make some improvements. I will also include this update in the first post for clarity.​
I'm excited to share that I've found a manufacturer based in Tahoe, California, right here in the United States. The pricing they offer is within a dollar of what we were getting from China. What's particularly appealing is that this will be a USA-manufactured part. I've already placed a deposit for a production run of 50 sets. The finishing process will involve bead blasting and anodizing them in black, which should give the latch a stock-like appearance. (The finish should resemble the example below.) I'm currently working on finalizing the pricing, including shipping materials. I am leaning towards a base price and shipping thorough a 3rd party like shopify.​
Production is scheduled for the middle to late November, and I'm aiming to have these shipped out in early December.​
Additionally, I'd like to mention that the China prototype is expected to be on its way to me within the next week.​
Thank you for your continued support and patience, Fritz H​

10/24/23 Update: I can accept payments for preorder price.
Name​
Address​
Ih8mud name​
Email​
Phone number​
Please send an email to:​
Ill send you an invoice from PayPal with shipping included for your exact address.​

NOTE: Production on these starts mid to late November.

Stock Photo Cred: @BurntToast

Lever 2.PNG

Lever 3.PNG

Stock lever FJ62.jpeg

broken.jpg

IMG_0778.jpeg

IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0874.jpeg

Last edited:
3D print fit great. Just ordered the 1st set to be machined. Hope to have an update in a few weeks.

Great idea. Mine are still in good shape but it'd be great to have a spare set on hand, especially given they don't take up any space to store for when they're needed.

Great idea. Mine are still in good shape but it'd be great to have a spare set on hand, especially given they don't take up any space to store for when they're needed.
Thank you for the support. I plan on taking on some of these small plastic parts that we touch and feel daily. I started with rear seats. bc most people replace the front.

Thank you for the support. I plan on taking on some of these small plastic parts that we touch and feel daily. I started with rear seats. bc most people replace the front.
Definitely a great idea. After 34+ years, the 62 and 60 plastic parts are getting brittle and worn.

I'm still waiting with baited breath for an aluminum HVAC bezel for the 62 to surface at some point 😂

Hello all,

I recently undertook a project to start refurbishing my rear seat. One of my latches was brittle and broken. I luckily have a relative that is very skilled in parts production and CAD. He drew up the parts. I am wondering if anyone else here would like a set. If so I am targeting under $150 for the set with a anodized finish similar to stock. If we get more interest I could probably get the price point lower. I really need 50 people to agree to a set to lower to $90 ish a set. The plan would be for me to front the manufacturing and sell the sets once complete. (no deposits here...)

I am 3D printing prototypes this weekend. If they fit well - i am ready to order a batch.

If your interested let me know below.

View attachment 3443320

View attachment 3443321

View attachment 3443322

View attachment 3443323

View attachment 3443345

View attachment 3443346

View attachment 3443486
I'm interested in a set, please.

Definitely a great idea. After 34+ years, the 62 and 60 plastic parts are getting brittle and worn.

I'm still waiting with baited breath for an aluminum HVAC

I'm interested in a set, please.
Awesome! You are on the list. Final pricing will be based on how many folks join.

Hello all,

I recently undertook a project to start refurbishing my rear seat. One of my latches was brittle and broken. I luckily have a relative that is very skilled in parts production and CAD. He drew up the parts. I am wondering if anyone else here would like a set. If so I am targeting under $150 for the set with a anodized finish similar to stock. If we get more interest I could probably get the price point lower. I really need 50 people to agree to a set to lower to $90 ish a set. The plan would be for me to front the manufacturing and sell the sets once complete. (no deposits here...)

I am 3D printing prototypes this weekend. If they fit well - i am ready to order a batch.

If your interested let me know below.

View attachment 3443320

View attachment 3443321

View attachment 3443322

View attachment 3443323

View attachment 3443345

View attachment 3443346

View attachment 3443486
Looks like a great product. Put me down for a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom