Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn’t get much done today but I put my flywheel skid on, rebuilt my spare starter and put that in, replaced the fuel pump gasket, and cleaned/ organized the cruisers toolbox.

How does everyone else keep there spare berfs from rusting. Looked at mine today and it’s pited really bad. I smothered grease on it and wrapped it in a rag then put it in a ziplock plastic bag. The bag wore throw and water got into the rag and the grease was not enough to stop it from rusting with some serious pits. I’m thinking of doing the same thing but wrap it in several plastic shopping bags instead of a rag. It would be ok to get it off the trail. But that’s all I’d trust it for.

I use the same process but I use a zip lock freezer bag. No problems so far.

I use the same process but I use a zip lock freezer bag. No problems so far.
Dip 'em in parffin, jk. Waxoil or fluidfilm

Thanks @JohnVee I’ve got a vac sealer. I have my spare trailer bearings vac sealed.
After thinking about it the original spare berf was in the drivers seat box for 4 years bouncing around. In a mostly uncovered 40. I’m going to vac seal it this time. Then rap it up.

Why do tire shops assume you're only purchasing 4 tires....? Instead of trying to upcharge and convince you need to replace the spare as well?
Had to have them cancel an order and put in another one so I could order 5 tires

Tried replacing the exhaust gasket on my es300. After two hours of trying to get it, I gave up. Still is noisy. Already melted line cover so I can’t drive it til it’s fixed. Anyone have suggestions on getting the spring bolts tightened? They won’t go anymore with impact tool but I can pull the exhaust pieces together by hand another 1/4 inch at least...

Washed the daily. Performance brakes suck! The amount of brake dust is stupid

20191014_160603.jpg

20191014_153656.jpg

20191014_160553.jpg

20191014_153708.jpg

Put on some KM2 pizza cutters 255/80r17... these f-ers were waay too loud on the highway. Wife was pretty pissed. Off they came... back to the goodyear silent armors and thinking up new strategy... mr. Tire was super cool about it. I apologized profusely for the stupidity. They were like- well- yeah what were you expecting out of giant mud tires? I swear they werent supposed to be that loud... headache inducing drone... might need to get trd sema wheels with proper offset and go KO2 in 285/70r17 for Christmas...

536AA336-AB02-4D66-9B8A-00A4EEA8F1F8.jpeg

CD360CF1-8FB5-4607-AAAB-937072D0F396.jpeg

Put on some KM2 pizza cutters 255/80r17... these f-ers were waay too loud on the highway. Wife was pretty pissed. Off they came... back to the goodyear silent armors and thinking up new strategy... mr. Tire was super cool about it. I apologized profusely for the stupidity. They were like- well- yeah what were you expecting out of giant mud tires? I swear they werent supposed to be that loud... headache inducing drone... might need to get trd sema wheels with proper offset and go KO2 in 285/70r17 for Christmas...

View attachment 2109021

View attachment 2109020

good thing you switched em, your winters would've sucked. I've read those don't do very well in snow/ice.
Looks like you got your lug fixed.

I've read those don't do very well in snow/ice.

I love my KM2's, and am on the second set on my wheeling 80. I don't find them to be too loud.

Also found them to perfectly fine in snow. I've never had any tire that did well on ice :eek:

View attachment 2109021

View attachment 2109020
In case you weren't aware, mud tires tend to be loud.

I love my KM2's, and am on the second set on my wheeling 80. I don't find them to be too loud.

Also found them to perfectly fine in snow. I've never had any tire that did well on ice :eek:

I was surprised how loud these were. Oh well. YMMV I guess.

good thing you switched em, your winters would've sucked. I've read those don't do very well in snow/ice.
Looks like you got your lug fixed.
All I know is that the M&S rated silent armors are boring in the snow. Theyre too damn grippy with lots of sipping. I was kinda looking forward to sliding around and really wanted to hit some deep mud with the new tires- the KM2s looked freakin amazing too... SAD times man. Sad times.

Also- it turned out my stud wasnt broken. Just the lug nut itself snapped in half while I was torquing it down (apparently do not stand on the breaker bar- I guess it only needs 95 ftlbs not 200 ftlbs- lesson learned). Picked up a new lug nut at the toyota dealer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom