Johnvee's 1996 LX450 thread

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Yep. I bought @ShaneD's Lexus last week. Picked it up last night. Thanks to @Roxx for taking the time to check it out with me. Looks like I'll have to fix a leaky timing chain cover pretty soon. I'll get a Scan Gauge for it to keep my eye on things while it creeps closer to head gasket time. It's probably been a NC truck its entire life. Looks to be rust free so far. It was well taken care of.

1996 Lexus LX450
Factory Locked
Pin-7 Mod & CDL Switch
287,000 miles
JVC head unit
Otherwise stock

The current plan is to keep it stock. That might change as I find deals on things. Time to buy a bunch of fluids and get to baselining it.
IMG_7977.JPG

Last edited:
What size pink ones are you going to have to buy now? Congrats! Look at the ultragauge before you buy the scangauge. I like mine better than the scangauge.

elkaholic

Left turn ...freakin wipers!
SILVER Star
Waiting to see this one on the trails

I still think its not complete until we see the LX in its native environment...at the gas station

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Duh. We'll have to see what leaks.

Had a feeling "a guy in Chapel Hill" was you.

The damn thing had over 3/4 tank in it at purchase! Of course, it might have used as much oil as gas on the 30 mile ride home.

Is it the timing chain cover or the front crank seal and/or oil pump cover gasket?

I think I've got a front crank seal, and the breaker bar and socket for the crank. I've got one of the sailing guys coming here tomorrow, I can sailship that stuff down. I may have the timing chain cover gasket too, of you can get me a pic

Hamom?

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star
Looks very nice. It'll be a good addition to your stable.

Last edited:
Awesome!

JohnVee

SILVER Star
I have a flat drive way and tools. They are not as good or organized as some people here but do the job. I have knuckles to do on two or three cars and sliders and some other work. something can be set

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom