Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on?

D21FJ60

Daydreaming

Tried replacing the exhaust gasket on my es300. After two hours of trying to get it, I gave up. Still is noisy. Already melted line cover so I can’t drive it til it’s fixed. Anyone have suggestions on getting the spring bolts tightened? They won’t go anymore with impact tool but I can pull the exhaust pieces together by hand another 1/4 inch at least...

Put on some KM2 pizza cutters 255/80r17... these f-ers were waay too loud on the highway. Wife was pretty pissed. Off they came... back to the goodyear silent armors and thinking up new strategy... mr. Tire was super cool about it. I apologized profusely for the stupidity. They were like- well- yeah what were you expecting out of giant mud tires? I swear they werent supposed to be that loud... headache inducing drone... might need to get trd sema wheels with proper offset and go KO2 in 285/70r17 for Christmas...

536AA336-AB02-4D66-9B8A-00A4EEA8F1F8.jpeg

CD360CF1-8FB5-4607-AAAB-937072D0F396.jpeg

afgman786

SILVER Star
Put on some KM2 pizza cutters 255/80r17... these f-ers were waay too loud on the highway. Wife was pretty pissed. Off they came... back to the goodyear silent armors and thinking up new strategy... mr. Tire was super cool about it. I apologized profusely for the stupidity. They were like- well- yeah what were you expecting out of giant mud tires? I swear they werent supposed to be that loud... headache inducing drone... might need to get trd sema wheels with proper offset and go KO2 in 285/70r17 for Christmas...

View attachment 2109021

View attachment 2109020
good thing you switched em, your winters would've sucked. I've read those don't do very well in snow/ice.
Looks like you got your lug fixed.

View attachment 2109021

View attachment 2109020
In case you weren't aware, mud tires tend to be loud.

I love my KM2's, and am on the second set on my wheeling 80. I don't find them to be too loud.

Also found them to perfectly fine in snow. I've never had any tire that did well on ice :eek:
I was surprised how loud these were. Oh well. YMMV I guess.

good thing you switched em, your winters would've sucked. I've read those don't do very well in snow/ice.
Looks like you got your lug fixed.
All I know is that the M&S rated silent armors are boring in the snow. Theyre too damn grippy with lots of sipping. I was kinda looking forward to sliding around and really wanted to hit some deep mud with the new tires- the KM2s looked freakin amazing too... SAD times man. Sad times.

Also- it turned out my stud wasnt broken. Just the lug nut itself snapped in half while I was torquing it down (apparently do not stand on the breaker bar- I guess it only needs 95 ftlbs not 200 ftlbs- lesson learned). Picked up a new lug nut at the toyota dealer.

Last edited:

afgman786

SILVER Star
I love my KM2's, and am on the second set on my wheeling 80. I don't find them to be too loud.

Also found them to perfectly fine in snow. I've never had any tire that did well on ice :eek:
I have no personal experience, only what I had heard and been told by others.

afgman786

SILVER Star
All I know is that the M&S rated silent armors are boring in the snow. Theyre too damn grippy with lots of sipping. I was kinda looking forward to sliding around and really wanted to hit some deep mud with the new tires- the KM2s looked freakin amazing too... SAD times man. Sad times.

Also- it turned out my stud wasnt broken. Just the lug nut itself snapped in half while I was torquing it down (apparently do not stand on the breaker bar- I guess it only needs 95 ftlbs not 200 ftlbs- lesson learned). Picked up a new lug nut at the toyota dealer.
They did look good! Should've kept em and gone with the suggestion from @Jakes40 lol
That is a big difference in force, and depending on how close to the edge of the breaker you were that 200lb was probably even significantly more.

iptman

I had KM2s on my 80 and was less than thrilled with their performance during Snowmageddon. @PRADO3 I don't know the offset on the wheels on my Tacoma but they're 285/70/17 KO2s. LMK if you want to swap them on to your GX and take them for a spin around the block. FWIW, the KM3s on my 80 are not loud at all. I'm actually surprised you found KM2s on the shelf a year after the KM3s came out.

I had KM2s on my 80 and was less than thrilled with their performance during Snowmageddon. @PRADO3 I don't know the offset on the wheels on my Tacoma but they're 285/70/17 KO2s. LMK if you want to swap them on to your GX and take them for a spin around the block. FWIW, the KM3s on my 80 are not loud at all. I'm actually surprised you found KM2s on the shelf a year after the KM3s came out.
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on that... I actually special ordered the KM2 because the KM3 and K02 dont come in 255/80r17.

Top Bottom