Builds Oman -> SoCal 1995 FZJ75 Troopy (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you still have the end pieces I would love to buy them from you. Mine are rusty and one is missing.
Let me make sure I didn't throw them in the trash! :bang:

If you still have the end pieces I would love to buy them from you. Mine are rusty and one is missing.
Found them! DM me where to ship them. Yours for free if you pay for shipping.

IMG_6066.jpeg

Mine only had the two end pieces. Couldn't find the middle piece anywhere, so just cut to the chase and went with the plastic one.
None of the others I have bought had all the metal pieces... I got lucky.
I've used a plastic one on the restored one... sprayed it with SEM paint to match the oak interior kit.

Man, I really like my original three-piece-metal one... albeit mine wasn't rusted or causing rust.

Hello,

Mine is not rusting either. However, I have seen quite a few rusted.

I considered changing to the plastic piece but decided not to. It is not broken, there is no need to fix it.

Juan

Finished installing the door cards on both front doors and both rear doors. Contemplating if I should get updated door grabs and door releases to color match

IMG_6075.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

IMG_6078.jpeg

If you want to save a bit of money you could just shoot your handles/grips with a SEM Colorcoat spray. I've had lots of luck unifying the look in my truck and it's proven plenty durable. I've got some old sable and new Oak stuff and I've used the SEM Med. Prairie Tan to clean up my overall look. I think @c2dfj45 found a good color match for the gray as well.

Installed Xploreglazing sliders on all 4 windows.

Not in love with drilling holes to mount these, nor the amount of caulk needed around them after install. I'm not great at running a bead of caulk, so it looks good from far, but far from good.

Painted the recessed part of the window with master series silver first.

IMG_6101.jpeg

IMG_6102.jpeg

IMG_6104.jpeg

IMG_6141.jpeg

IMG_6142.jpeg

Installed Xploreglazing sliders on all 4 windows.

Not in love with drilling holes to mount these, nor the amount of caulk needed around them after install. I'm not great at running a bead of caulk, so it looks good from far, but far from good.

Painted the recessed part of the window with master series silver first.

View attachment 3452689

View attachment 3452690

View attachment 3452691

View attachment 3452692

View attachment 3452693
Was that just easier than rebuilding the OEMs?

Was that just easier than rebuilding the OEMs?
Yes. My OEM frames were very rusted. Eaten through in certain places as well.

These were probably cheaper than getting new OEM ones.

Installed some OCAM 4X4 towing mirrors. Don't expect to tow, but wanted a larger mirror that had a convex mirror to see my blind spots.

Rate them a 6/10 right now.

-Zero instructions (why do so many companies do this?)
-fit isn't perfect, these mirrors fit the new 70 series as well and so the top isn't perfectly flush.
-have to drill holes for the bolts at the bottom of the mounting arm, requires taking the door panel off.
-as of right now I cannot get the mirrors to move far enough on the right side to actually see everything I want to see.

IMG_6174.jpeg

IMG_6175.jpeg

IMG_6176.jpeg

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom