New Mexico Pig Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what little issue on the pig needs addressed? Gotta be something...
I spent the winter addressing rust issues in the rear wheel wells. It actually involved a little cutting and welding in of some patch panels. Hopefully it will last a bit longer this time.
I just finished installing the portable Scrapdaddy shower unit. Right now I'm working on installing an in-cabin air filter for the blower fan. I got tired of taking a dust shower while running the fan on the trails. I'll post some pics of that soon.

What? And no pics!?!
Of course, that’s totally your call, despite what I and people like me want to see.
No pics of the repair work done, but here's some future work that I have to tackle: :(

IMG_2252.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

I’ve come to the realization that a rust free pig just doesn’t exist, it’s just hiding better in the shiny ones 🐷
Agreed. I just wish it would have stayed hidden for a bit longer.
I see the appeal now to just rhino line the whole exterior and not worry about it.

That’s fairly easy fixing compared to other places, I’m just not understanding how that’s going on after all the work you did. Where is the moisture getting in?

Did you not split the halves when you painted?

Yes, I primed and painted them separately. The lower fenders were NOS like what Bob has. The uppers were off an older rig and had rust on them. At the time I thought I got all the rust off and prepped them right prior to paint. I guess I wasn't thorough enough. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom