New Mexico Pig Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last time I painted them separately, and then riveted the fenders together. This time I primed the upper fender with a urethane primer, and for extra measure coated the upper flange portion with por 15. I then brushed on some seam sealer on that flange portion and riveted the fenders back together. For the outside seam I used 3M seam sealer #08323.

I used the same approach on mine. I used a 3M panel bond adhesive and then a flowable seam sealer. (Somewhere around #195 in my build). Builds - My New Project

I'm hoping for a lasting result. Not sure if that's possible with these.

Really nice. When I did mine I sandblasted and Por15ed them. Then bolted together and used a 3M seam sealer.
I will be taking them apart one of these days and am curious how the Por15 worked.

I've been updating, but I didn't think anybody would be interested in my latest turd polishing endeavor.:yawn: :)
I ended up dumping the 3fe set up after getting stranded on the road with a dead motor. I troubleshooted for a week trying to figure out what part of the electrical system was bad; relay, ecu, connections, harness, etc. :meh:
The more I dug into it and thinking of all the obsolete parts that could go bad, I decided to just yank everything out and go with the sniper unit. The only real hurdle was using a 2f intake on a 3fe head. The intake ports on the 3fe head are taller and a regular 2f manifold gasket won't seal. I ended up making an oversize gasket and, so far , no problems.
I'm definitely impressed with the sniper system. Super easy to wire up and performance wise, way better than the old ecu system.

Man, I was just thinking where you've been lately. I know nothing about that Sniper system other than Nolen and posse love it. Now that she's running good thinking about the Pig Party?

Man, I was just thinking where you've been lately. I know nothing about that Sniper system other than Nolen and posse love it. Now that she's running good thinking about the Pig Party?
I would really like to make it this year, but I'm making a go at building a log cabin in southern Colorado this summer. All my time, and funds, are going into that adventure. Maybe in the future we can have a pig gathering there and venture out into the surrounding area. Looks like a lot of 4 wheeling near by.

I've been updating, but I didn't think anybody would be interested in my latest turd polishing endeavor.:yawn: :)
I ended up dumping the 3fe set up after getting stranded on the road with a dead motor. I troubleshooted for a week trying to figure out what part of the electrical system was bad; relay, ecu, connections, harness, etc. :meh:
The more I dug into it and thinking of all the obsolete parts that could go bad, I decided to just yank everything out and go with the sniper unit. The only real hurdle was using a 2f intake on a 3fe head. The intake ports on the 3fe head are taller and a regular 2f manifold gasket won't seal. I ended up making an oversize gasket and, so far , no problems.
I'm definitely impressed with the sniper system. Super easy to wire up and performance wise, way better than the old ecu system.
Wow! Big change!
You can get a 3F intake I bet...

Wow! Big change!
You can get a 3F intake I bet...
The problem is the 3fe head with the fuel injection intakes. From what I've researched, any carbureted intake manifold is too short to cover the taller intake ports on that 3fe head. At the time I was searching for a later 2f head, but I could never source one. So far I don't need it.

I would really like to make it this year, but I'm making a go at building a log cabin in southern Colorado this summer. All my time, and funds, are going into that adventure. Maybe in the future we can have a pig gathering there and venture out into the surrounding area. Looks like a lot of 4 wheeling near by.
Where in southern CO? We'll be in Pagosa in about a month.

As a crow flies, I'm pretty close to Pagosa. It's an old mining town called Jasper. There's an off grid community up there. Let me know if your up for a meet and greet.
We'll be there from 6/16-21 and then head to NM. Any chance you might want/need to drive to Pagosa during that time? We could meet at the Pagosa Brewery one afternoon/evening??? I've got a reunion on 6/19 on the family ranch in the Weminuche and lots of fly fishing plans during the days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom