My 76 1UZ build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drive a bit faster and take a few more chances than the average restored pig owner so I placed a higher value on things like shocks and suspension travel but if you drive more like the average classic car owner then some of this stuff will be of little or no use. At the end of the day we all get to camp at about the same time and the differences between chrome or painted lug nuts or whatever other silly thing we use compare our vehicles seems to fade away when you are sitting around a camp fire with buddies.

I’m sure whatever you get for shocks will work just fine, the pig is looking great and I’m sorry I’m not more help on valving.

No worries and thanks @J Mack, you have already been such a huge help on a number of other points. I am aggressive on the road and trails as well, but I am on a budget with this move coming up so am trying to control some of the costs, well maybe at least one cost, and its a quick change to add Kings later and maybe swap whatever I pick here back to another more conservative pig.
Cheers,
Kerry

In other news, I am not going to win any style points for my plasma cutting (it was my second time) but I have a plate that will work for the emergency brake. Cut from 3/8 because there isn't a lot of material inboard of the top bolt holes, probably overkill.

20210121_170229.jpg
20210121_165958.jpg

Maybe you haven't , but your 55 is styling big time with those frenched turn signals and those Wilwood brakes. I'm just messing with you, nobody is going to see those brackets and they will certainly do the job. I look forward to your review of them when working.

You bugger... yes, I should have cleaned the metal better to avoid that, no, I haven't ground and touched up them up yet, yes, you could use that box to hold up a 55, so do i really care, no:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Updates:
The knuckles are rebuilt, the rear got new seals and the axles are on the leafs,
The MC4 mounted perfectly, used 5 washers as a spacer to align, I guess the other option would be to weld on some plate and trim to thickness
The bumper is mostly done - stole an idea from 4x4 labs and installed gas assist supports - just waiting on my latches to finish that
My flange for the doubler is finally, finally in the mail so I can move to engine install and cross member fab next weekend
20210131_090307.jpg
IMG_20210131_174556_779.jpg
IMG_20210131_174556_796.jpg
IMG_20210131_174556_798.jpg

Last edited:
Last, I started working on the rear window seal, looks like my plan of simply overlapping the outer seal and the flocked runner wont work and the runner has a memory so is staying wrinkled... current plan is to get some adhesive, use a board to hold the flocked piece in place, then butt the outer trim to it. May end up being a little loose, but it wont bind for sure (he says optimistically) - second pic shows a chip of the outer I was testing...

Also, my tailgate is latched shut, but seems like it should come in more... not sure how to adjust that, the catches on the side seem fixed..?
20210131_184915.jpg
20210131_185250.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom