LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks LB.. Thats exactly the info/Feed back I was looking for. So no M LED for the LX.
I just placed an order for the LB D2S bracket yesterday.

Planning to use a 3" flap wheel (120grit) to enlarge the opening slowly.
Mine's an '04 LX, (plastic lens) and hope the chrome doesnt delam.

Is there a noticeable difference between D2S and Mini H1 8.0?
My buddy did the H1 mini projector and tells me to go for the D2S.

Amazon product ASIN B003N9BT5A

The question you need to ask your friends is what kelvin bulb is he running and has he ever compared the two side by side without using a lux meter?
95% of the output shots on my site are the Mini H... the one below is the old Mini H1 4.0 in my 80 and that’s the low beam output. How much better do you need.

1A2F31B3-E11A-45FC-AD11-5413510E4C62.jpeg

Thanks LB.. Thats exactly the info/Feed back I was looking for. So no M LED for the LX.
I just placed an order for the LB D2S bracket yesterday.

Planning to use a 3" flap wheel (120grit) to enlarge the opening slowly.
Mine's an '04 LX, (plastic lens) and hope the chrome doesnt delam.

Is there a noticeable difference between D2S and Mini H1 8.0?
My buddy did the H1 mini projector and tells me to go for the D2S.

Amazon product ASIN B003N9BT5A
That 3 inch wheel will not work..... the OEM shroud opening Is 2 1/2 .... I use the small sanding drums for the dremel attached to the dremel flex shaft

548F90FC-8380-46E5-9603-4AD1F41EEBC8.jpeg

Yea.. no, my buddy didnt use a Lux meter, but just going w/ what he was expecting I assume. Still loads better than stock, but we all want more... haha.
You got me back on the fence now between D2S vs Mini H1 8.0

Did you already ship out my order? ... is swapping to H1 even an option at this point?
If not.. no worries. I like to think Im handy.

Thanks~

I have not shipped your bracket... if you run the H1 with a 5000/6000k bulb and 35w ballast you’ll have great lights. Send me a text and let me know which bracket and I’ll send it out tomorrow. Look, if you think you’re handy I’ll send the D2S ... I’m just letting you know it’s not a simple retrofit especially when you’re dealing with headlights that are 17 years old. I’ve retrofitted 35 pairs of LX lights for MUD member and I’m currently working on 4 pairs but they are all new OEM housings. Most of the issues with the chrome delaminating was with the earlier glass housing... it’s a different chrome process and plastic but a few guys have giving me their old lights... I like to have backup shrouds. So I’ve seen that issue with 2003-2007 housing and I can only think that climate and sun exposure has something to do with it. Text me which bracket 703-371-8494

Lou

Yea.. no, my buddy didnt use a Lux meter, but just going w/ what he was expecting I assume. Still loads better than stock, but we all want more... haha.
You got me back on the fence now between D2S vs Mini H1 8.0

Did you already ship out my order? ... is swapping to H1 even an option at this point?
If not.. no worries. I like to think Im handy.

Thanks~
I’ve gotta say, I just installed the Mini’s with 5000k bulbs and 35w ballasts. I am thoroughly satisfied. It still shocks me how good the lights are when they fire up at night. Sometimes during the day I turn them on just to see the cutoff lines on certain objects. In, the, day.

Thanks Lou... your experience has me leaning toward the H1's now... but I guess the real question I'm pondering is... Is there a perceptible difference in light output from the Mini H1 8.0 (35w) vs. D2S (55w)

***Nice Chatting with you Lou... Looking fwd to throwing in the Projector swap, and the LED DRL/Hi's.
(Going with H1 after discussion)

Last edited:
If there’s a difference to the human eye it’s minimal but at this point I’m sending you the D2S. I don’t want you to have any doubt that you’re buying the best projector. Myself and others have stated the H1 produces great output but at this point I’m done trying to convince you and will send the D2S. The install guide will help you through most of the process but installing the projector on the bracket is different.
Lou

The brackets hadn’t actually shipped ....printing the shipping label activated the shipping notification

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I want to provide my input as I recently purchased these lights and have had an amazing experience thus far. First off, I live near Lou. I mention it because he went above and beyond! Thank you Lou for taking the time out of your day to help install these lights, I'm grateful as you didn’t have to. I had fun and it was great to meet you. Now on to the review. It is truly a night and day difference from the stock headlights. Mine were quite worn already and even with brand new bulbs, it was hard to see at night and even worse, when driving in the rain. I can see maybe a quarter mile ahead of me now. There is a clear cutoff of the beams, nice dispersion of light, and they are beautiful. I also want to point out the look of the lights also makes the truck look modern. The high beams are bright and crisp, so you won’t miss a thing when they are activated. I’ve posted pics so you can see the finished product for yourselves. I have no complaints about the lights or output. They are perfect! If anyone is on the fence about purchasing a set, you won’t be disappointed. You use your lights every day, and this is absolutely worth the investment!

Thanks Lou! Nice Truck by the way! :)

DRLs.jpg

Front Headlights.png

Front High Beam.jpg

Front Output Construction Site.jpg

Front View.jpg

Hi everyone,

I want to provide my input as I recently purchased these lights and have had an amazing experience thus far. First off, I live near Lou. I mention it because he went above and beyond! Thank you Lou for taking the time out of your day to help install these lights, I'm grateful as you didn’t have to. I had fun and it was great to meet you. Now on to the review. It is truly a night and day difference from the stock headlights. Mine were quite worn already and even with brand new bulbs, it was hard to see at night and even worse, when driving in the rain. I can see maybe a quarter mile ahead of me now. There is a clear cutoff of the beams, nice dispersion of light, and they are beautiful. I also want to point out the look of the lights also makes the truck look modern. The high beams are bright and crisp, so you won’t miss a thing when they are activated. I’ve posted pics so you can see the finished product for yourselves. I have no complaints about the lights or output. They are perfect! If anyone is on the fence about purchasing a set, you won’t be disappointed. You use your lights every day, and this is absolutely worth the investment!

Thanks Lou! Nice Truck by the way! :)

View attachment 2823938

View attachment 2823939

Springfield town center parking garage?

@Luke111

Any more info on the quad setup? I went through most of the 42 pages and there is alot of info scattered here and there. Nut and bolt? Using the Mini H1 mounting stud? do you have any details you can point me to?

Thanks! I can't wait! bought the brackets quite awhile ago and just now getting to it. My stock headlights are atrocious, but I have a new set of glass lens lights in the garage that I purchased years ago.

@Luke111

Any more info on the quad setup? I went through most of the 42 pages and there is alot of info scattered here and there. Nut and bolt? Using the Mini H1 mounting stud? do you have any details you can point me to?

Thanks! I can't wait! bought the brackets quite awhile ago and just now getting to it. My stock headlights are atrocious, but I have a new set of glass lens lights in the garage that I purchased years ago.
There’s not much information because I can’t recommend the quad setup. I built 4 sets and 3 ending up discounting the inside projector. Way to much light on the road and a total PITA. If you elect to go that route you’re on your own. Don’t mean to be harsh but if you F-up your HB reflectors I don’t want my name connected.
If you like the quad look install the LED HB Projector using the threaded shaft.. easy to install no cutoff to level and excepts a shroud.

There’s not much information because I can’t recommend the quad setup. I built 4 sets and 3 ending up discounting the inside projector. Way to much light on the road and a total PITA. If you elect to go that route you’re on your own. Don’t mean to be harsh but if you F-up your HB reflectors I don’t want my name connected.
If you like the quad look install the LED HB Projector using the threaded shaft.. easy to install no cutoff to level and excepts a shroud.

I can appreciate that. I will give it a try and see what happens. I planned on running the inner projectors on a separate switch (probably the factory fog switch), so I could turn them off when not needed. Or maybe I'll save them for a custom fog light setup.

Trimming the back of the reflector bowl is key. It’s necessary to attach the nut on the threaded shaft and has to have a slight angle which will reduce the adjustment needed to match the cutoff and step down of the outside projector. If you’re experienced at the nut and bolt technique which I tried and was not very successful
you could eliminate the need to trim the back. As for custom fog lights using the H1 projector, it will not fit in the housing, it’s to big. Check out Diode Dynamic’s SSC2 PODs …. I’m sure you could make them fit and they come in a wide range of beam patterns.
I was very much like you when I started building LX lights but at the end of the day a single projector puts out more light down the road than any modern car today. If you add a LED projector or bulb in the HB location ( I have a kit for that application) you will have more output then you need.
I currently run a single projector and a LED HB and I have 4 SSC2 Pods I’m looking to install just inside of the fog lights in the bumper. Keep in mind running Multiple HID applications requires harness and ballast installations for each application.

Last edited:
Trimming the back of the reflector bowl is key. It’s necessary to attach the nut on the threaded shaft and has to have a slight angle which will reduce the adjustment needed to match the cutoff and step down of the outside projector..
truer words haven't been posted. LX or LC doesn't matter.

BUT, I'd totally build a double relay for 4 ballasts anytime. It would cost more than your projectors though.

my phone is gonna ring

Not my first retrofit, but would be my first quad setup. Last set I did had a custom harness, so well versed in that too. Easy, just takes FOREVER. I have an idea for the HB location I think will look really nice, just need to see if I can pull it off.

I'll be ditching the stock fogs soon, mine are toast. I have an idea for some custom ones, but will need to get my mill up and running first.

Is it worth it for the HB LED? My plans for the HB cavity didn't work out, so I'm either going to do quads with all the parts I have, or go with the LED HB above. Not really keen on spending another 150nif I have the projectors for quads. I could always pull the cutoff out of the projectors and just run them as high beams. Still requires a ton of work. I should add I have a spare set of HB reflectors.

Ideas? I appreciate the help! Rest of the retrofit is going great, brackets worked a treat. I'm waiting for paint to dry now before everything gets reassembled.

Last edited:
Yes it’s worth it …. simple easy solution. Your idea of pulling the cutoff and firing as high beam only doesn’t make sense…. Remember HID’s take 20-40 seconds to reach max output… the LED is instant on and requires no ballast or harness

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom