LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any idea when the mini h1 brackets will be back in stock?
I received the quote and approved the minimum run of 60. With Xmas and New Years they are closed until the 4th. I should be able to answer your question sometime after the 4th

Interested in a set of brackets whenever you have them again. Just picked up a ‘00 LX470, and I kept my MH1 7.0’s out of my last Duramax Sierra

Mini H1s 8.0 with 55w Morimoto Elite HIDs, 6000K bulbs, effectively 5000K after overdriving them. Fantastic results, beautiful, bright lights. This should be the first mod everyone should get for their LX.

50857832871_0b84551f64_h.jpg

Mini H1s 8.0 with 55w Morimoto Elite HIDs, 6000K bulbs, effectively 5000K after overdriving them. Fantastic results, beautiful, bright lights. This should be the first mod everyone should get for their LX.

50857832871_0b84551f64_h.jpg
You might want to run 35watt ballast... I know the D2S can handle 55watt but you risk toasting the inside of the projector bowl on the Mini H1 8.0 ...You’ll have the same output and it’s better and cheaper the having to retrofit your lights again. I toasted a set of Mini H1 in my 80 thinking 55w produced a better output

OOh, interesting, i heard about it but didn't know it actually melted. I have it on for awhile, i have 35Ws i can throw back on. 30 seconds swap.

Lou, what other brand is good for the H1 bulbs? I have had to RMA two sets of Morimotos XB because 1 was off colored or was dimmer than the other. This third pair seems okay for now but the problem usually come back after a couple months.

Lou, what other brand is good for the H1 bulbs? I have had to RMA two sets of Morimotos XB because 1 was off colored or was dimmer than the other. This third pair seems okay for now but the problem usually come back after a couple months.
Don’t know if they still do, but I know TRS was selling Phillips D2S bulbs rebased as H1’s.

Just placed my order on your site, can’t wait to slap in my trusty old MH1 7.0’s I kept from another set of headlights.

Don’t know if they still do, but I know TRS was selling Phillips D2S bulbs rebased as H1’s.

$175 though, ouch. My whole morimoto elite kit was less than the phillips bulb.

$175 though, ouch. My whole morimoto elite kit was less than the phillips bulb.
Yeah. I asked my buddy about them (he owns HIDkitpros and HKP customs), and he said they’re kind of a gimmick. He suggested the newest version of the Morimoto bulbs instead.

I’m personally going to run OEM BMW E39 Hella ballasts with D2S to AMP adapters, as aftermarket ballast always seem to be a crap shoot long term, and don’t deal with hot strikes well.

Right now i'm running this in 50W and 6000K bulbs, when i switched to 35w and 5000K bulbs you can see the hot spot dimming right away. It's no big deal though, im installing a pair of diode dynamic fogs to fill out the ground projection

26770.H1_Morimoto_Elite.010.jpg

This is what i'm running for the 35W ballasts and Morimoto XB 5000K bulbs

26737.AMP_Denso_Slim.010.jpg

Right now i'm running this in 50W and 6000K bulbs, when i switched to 35w and 5000K bulbs you can see the hot spot dimming right away. It's no big deal though, im installing a pair of diode dynamic fogs to fill out the ground projection

26770.H1_Morimoto_Elite.010.jpg

This is what i'm running for the 35W ballasts and Morimoto XB 5000K bulbs

26737.AMP_Denso_Slim.010.jpg
You’re going to love the DD fogs. I had the amber DD SS3 SAE fogs on my last Land Rover, and they’re amazing.

Looking to do D2S projector in my LX... and came across the M LED 2.0 (Morimoto).
It has the exact same mounting dimensions as the HID D2S projector.

Anyone try this yet with LB adapter?
I think it would be a killer combo.

I like how LED are instant ON, no Ballasts/relays to deal with, and this one draw a little under 30w.

Mori-D2S HID Proj.jpg

Mori-M LED 2.0__D2S size.jpg

While the MLed 2.0 has the same mounting pattern and fits the D2S bracket... the fan on the bottom of the projector hits the headlight housing. It required a 1x2 inches cutout and fiberglass the back for clearance. I also added two additional vents for cooling. The D2S also requires opening up the shroud with a dremel for clearance and depending on the condition and age of your housing the chrome might delaminate off the chrome shroud.
It was a total PITA and I’ll never do it again.
The output is the same as the Mini H1 8.0 or the D2S to the human eye. If you are currently driving with stock headlights retrofitting the Mini H1 8.0 will be a game changer and requires no cutting.
A few post from the top of this page @FxFormat output of the Mini H18.0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom