In Memory of Kevin, Tools R US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A stark reminder...none of us are guaranteed our next breath.
As more then a few of us Mud members are now over 60 years old, and are entering into to winter of our lives. We all need to be thankful for our friends like Kevin, and live each day to it's fullest, because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. God speed to Kevin, and his family.

Last edited:
Comfortable in your sleep
Your soul wondered in the bundle of life
Drive in good ways
Amen

I am in pain and shock. I never meet Kevin this is the moments where my poor English fails me

נוח בשלום על משכבך
תהה נשמתך צרורה בצרור החיים
סע בדרכים טובות
אמן

I had plans to come next spring to the US for a month rent a Jeep and visit, Colorado, Utah and to meet Kevin and other Mud members and now meeting Kevin will not happen.

Kevin helped me via mud privet massages, at the beginning I suggested to pay him for the consultation he refused, and continue helping me his knowledge was prices less.

I will miss him

That was him in a nutshell when it came to some of our discussions. He once told/questioned me stating "why would you spend time fixing something that isn't broken ....

Heard that many, many times. Standard answer among a few of us became... "Because I want to..." :hillbilly:
Surprisingly enough, that seemed to work... for a while, and then, well... :)

I, for one, consider myself lucky to have had the chance to share great times on the trail with Kevin in AZ, and UT, and it's those memories that I'll keep going forward from this awful day yesterday.

Last edited:
'If something breaks on your truck while I'm pulling you out it's your fault, if something breaks on mine it's your fault!' Then wait for them to acknowledge that, okay? Then pull them out". Kevin P.

"LC's don't wear D Rings on the front--we do the pulling out, we don't get pulled out--got it?" Kevin P.

I was lucky enough to be introduced to Kevin by @DSRTRDR, thank you.

Chavez

Met him once (at Cruise Moab like many others) and always enjoyed his forum input. A good man.

So as a medical professional, what happened to him?

Met him once (at Cruise Moab like many others) and always enjoyed his forum input. A good man.

So as a medical professional, what happened to him?

Pneumonia and sepsis. Still trying to wrap my head around how that can happen in a few days.

Sepsis is incredibly dangerous if not caught and treated quickly. Most major hospitals have gone to 30-60min sepsis protocols once it is identified. I hate to hear that it was something acute like that. What a major hit to the family that must be.

Pneumonia and sepsis. Still trying to wrap my head around how that can happen in a few days.

Am stunned. Feel a sense of loss.
Met Kevin in person a few years ago, and the conversation went into really surprising hobby/technical interests of his.
Kevin is one who seemed to naturally see, more clearly than most of us, how things really work.
A natural engineer, is how I thought of Kevin.
"Tools R Us" - Yes indeed.
And - a calming, moderating influence to the sometimes nutty argumentation here on the Mud.
We didn't hang out Kevin, but I always knew you were there.
You will be missed.

54D350B4-B50E-437F-BE7F-4F3B90C3A843.png

We lost a good man....:(

Dam Dam dam, a great guy, who left us to soon, he did have some info, I was not fortunate to meet him in person, but learned somethings from him here . God speed friend

I was fortunate to have spent a lot of time with Kevin over the past few years, both in his shop and on the trail. I‘ll always cherish our long talks about life, Cruisers, and a plethora of other subjects. I’ve lost a father figure, a mentor and above all else, a friend.

I’ll miss you.

505C23EF-0490-4545-BD87-60A6191DAA9E.jpeg

God Speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom