In Memory of Kevin, Tools R US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kevin was one-of-a-kind and I will certainly miss him. Many years ago he turned for me a custom set of 80 Series front spring spacers out of 6061 and then had the gun shop next to him anodize them (with a batch of AR15 receivers) because he thought it would be cool. Recently I have considered a new setup but not now. Those spacers are staying put.
TRU magic.jpg

Rest in peace my friend.

He was a class act. He will live with me as we do what we do well in this community. Help each other. Paying it forward. Lot to emulate by us all. Happy cruising the heavens @Tools R Us.

Sad day indeed. We have lost an important member of the old guard.
I had the privilege of meeting Kevin on Elephant Hill in Moab years ago. He was in person just as his online persona... very knowledgable, helpful and just a bit curmudgeonly. I'm glad I was able to thank him for all his contibutions here on Mud.
He will continue to share his wit and wisdom to new members and old here in the search archives.
Regards to his family. He will be missed.

As many have said, a very sad loss and my condolences. I too enjoyed his knowledge and contributions here... He impressed to be a great man.

I never got the chance to meet Tools, But what I can say It was always worth checking out his posts. Always helpful and supportive, he answered many questions on this forum for me with out making me feel small. I have in the past found my self wishing I lived closer to this wealth of knowledge and wisdom. RIP my internet Cruiser Friend' You will be missed. I can feel the pain Rippling around this forum as I type.

I never met Kevin but from what I have been reading on here he was a wonderful guy. Seems he has helped a countless number of people with his vast knowledge. A good way to honor him is to continue passing on the knowledge to others and hopefully they in turn will pass it on. My condolences to his family! Godspeed cruiser brother!

Truly a sad day and loss to the community.

I can't count the number of times over the past 13 years that I have been searching for a solution to an issue and come across a post by Kevin that shed light on what I was looking to solve. His tag line by Dr. Haratio Nelson Jackson always made me smile and the knowledge he passed along was invaluable.

RIP Tools

What a tragic loss. My deepest condolences to his friends and loved ones. Info he shared in a thread helped me through a pickle and I too hoped to meet him some day. RIP Kevin.

Very sad day indeed. I like many others never got a chance to meet him, but he helped me out when I needed it on this forum. Plus many of his posts have helped me as well. He has left behind a wonderful legacy to this community. My condolences to his friends and family.

Sad day in the community. RIP to you sir, your contribution to the community lives on!
He would help whoever needed it. He was genuine, the real deal. He treated you like an old friend the moment you met him. His contribution to all of us was GIANT. His knowledge lives on. I can thank @Rudster Mark for introducing him to me. Sadly missed.

I am so sadden to hear of this and so sorry John @inkpot for the loss of your best friend. He was a friend to all of us and I will miss our conversations when I would stop at the shop or go to lunch with you guys. My heart goes out to his family and the Land cruiser community as well as TRAL. Rest in peace my friend.

Man.. this is quite the shock!! Kevin was a great guy, EXTREMELY Knowledgeable and helped out a lot of the local guys too! He did quite the work on my rig. A big proponent to keeping trails open in the Tonto National Forest and die hard guru of Land Cruisers.. Truly going to be missed... Rest Easy Kevin..

Wow. Shocked - dismayed and at a loss for words. What can you say?

He was quick to help and never bashful. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the first CSC club meet I attended several years ago. I have spoken to him several times since then on the phone and many times on MUD and electronically. He saved me several times. He loved to help those of us who were not afraid to dig in on our rigs and get our hands dirty which, is all the more impressive as this is how he made his living and we were literally taking food from his mouth.

I also know he volunteered for TRAL (Tonto Recreation Alliance). Talk about paying it forward, we all can learn from how he helped others.

As has been, and will continue to be said: He will be missed...

Never met Kevin, but its still a tough blow to hear of his passing. I'm new to the 80's forum but this is true across the Mud board... there are a select few that post regularly to our community where you just know "that guy knows what he is talking about" and you really pay attention to what he has to say. For me Tools R Us was one of those guys. My loss for never having met the man.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom