In Memory of Kevin, Tools R US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sad day. Kevin will be hugely missed. Rest well Kevin.

Damn!

I've read so many of Kevin's posts. Definitely will be missed and a reminder of his contributions will be in our face every time we use search for some technical detail.

Sad day,
george.

Kevin was always helpful to me. I had the good fortune of being local to him. At least, a few times, he helped me get my rig ready last minute for big trips. He was kind of like a Land Cruiser in few ways, as well. Kind of crusty, somewhat moody, and could be a bit difficult to understand, but overall he was a great guy and very helpful to all Cruiser guys (that weren’t dicks). This community will definitely miss him. Happy Trails Kevin, wish I could have thanked you personally, at least one last time.

I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin a few years back shortly after i picked up the lx450 to be a daily driver. We were headed to Phoenix on it's maiden voyage when it halfway there it overheated and broke the radiator. Long story short, despite never having met him before Kevin contacted me via mud and came over to look things over in the driveway with @inkpot. His willingness to hang out in phoenix summer 110 degrees with a stranger and share his knowledge is just one example of what kind of a guy Kevin was. He will be missed.

I’m sure someone will flame me for saying this, but the crustiness some have said was always funny to me.

Fortunately I am mainly self-sufficent so I was never in the line of his fire.

His way was like the ‘salt in chocolate milk’ - I smirked at plenty of his posts.
Informative as all get out, and a ‘little extra‘ on occasion.

I wonder how the other angels are getting on with him.....

You were cool Kevin, you were cool.

Very sad news.

Kevin helped me more than once online with his vast encyclopedic knowledge of Cruisers. I had the good fortune to have him fix my sticky locking actuators in person, a day I will remember for years to come. Opinionated and not one to suffer fools, he was exceedingly generous to a complete stranger in sharing his time and expertise and very kind to me as a relative cruiser noob.

Many also know of Kevin, (and John’s), incredible work over the years in opening more than 300+ (?) miles of off road trails in the Tonto National Forest outside of Phoenix, an amazing recreational resource for one of America’s largest cities.

They “don’t make ‘em like him anymore” and he will be sorely missed.

This is super unfortunate and sad. News like this is always a great reminder to never take life for granted. We never know when the last day will be for friends, family, or ourselves. Always try to appreciate every moment and opportunity of every day we have to help other's, better ourself's, the world, and enjoy the company of those around us. RIP Kevin

Wow. Kevin has helped so many of us. His value to our community is hard to put into words. And it’s hard to put my feelings into words.

Best to his family.

John

I also have known Kevin a long time. Think I first met him 14 years ago and have wheeled in Moab multiple times, drank together, smoked cigars, etc. he and Landcruiserphil helped me replace a birf in camp about 10 years ago. We also communicated off line a lot on this forum.

Not only was he a friend, but a man I respected greatly. I am a better person having known Kevin.

Wow, what a loss. :( Thank god for "search." Not trying to be cute and I never met the guy, but I am continuously confronted by his wisdom whenever I search any topic. I never really thought about it, but with all the conflicting and semi-informed information on the forum, I always knew when I came across a Tools post, "yep, that's the right answer." :beer:

This is so very shocking and sad. Kevin was always so willing to give good advice. He will be missed.

Since Kevin was in Mesa I had the opportunity to stop by his shop many times. He was always willing to answer my questions with only a "small" amount of well-deserved sarcasm. And he could talk landcruisers for hours-- it was hard to get out of his shop sometimes. And he was not afraid to tell you when you were being a bit stupid, which in my case was often.

And the work he did with Tral and Travel Management was amazing. I think he and John have been on every trail in the Tonto national forest. And when I asked for advice on my son's Eagle Project (he wants to plant some Cottonwoods on the Tonto) he offered to help set us up with the right people in the FS.

Without question Kevin was one of the good guys.

Last edited:
MUD is an extended family for me, so this hurts. My heart goes out to those close to him.

Kevin was kind enough to post up helpful items on several of my projects... I will miss his insight and clearly engineered thinking.

I lost a local MUD member a year ago next month and still not close to mentally comprehending and accepting the loss of him....

I am in pain and shock. I never meet Kevin this is the moments where my poor English fails me

נוח בשלום על משכבך
תהה נשמתך צרורה בצרור החיים
סע בדרכים טובות
אמן

I had plans to come next spring to the US for a month rent a Jeep and visit, Colorado, Utah and to meet Kevin and other Mud members and now meeting Kevin will not happen.

Kevin helped me via mud privet massages, at the beginning I suggested to pay him for the consultation he refused, and continue helping me his knowledge was prices less.

I will miss him

I was sad to hear this...Kevin was a Patriarch in the mud community with a deep well of knowledge and experience. He would go that extra mile just to help someone out.

Prayers to his family

My condolences to his family and close friends.

You Sir were a pillar of this great community who’s wisdom now lives on through this forum. May Your knowledge continue to be passed on and your spirit continue to live through it.

Rest In Peace.

:-(
He was always quick to help and a wealth of knowledge. Thank you for all the help over the years, Tools. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom