In Memory of Kevin, Tools R US (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He will be missed for sure. A pillar of this community for his wealth of knowledge and acerbic wit as well. Godspeed Sir.

What unfortunate news, I wish the best for his family in this awful time. As others have said, I valued his posts and knowledge.

This community draws us together by our common love, but it is the unique personalities that really make this place.

'If something breaks on your truck while I'm pulling you out it's your fault, if something breaks on mine it's your fault!' Then wait for them to acknowledge that, okay? Then pull them out". Kevin P.

"LC's don't wear D Rings on the front--we do the pulling out, we don't get pulled out--got it?" Kevin P.

I was lucky enough to be introduced to Kevin by @DSRTRDR, thank you.

Chavez

This is gold! RIP Kevin

@BrotherRob I'm so sorry for your loss. We all lost a friend, however you lost a brother. Your mud name says it all about what your brother, Kevin meant to you. We should all aspire to be so admired.

What a shock. After buying my 80 I quickly noticed how solid Tools advice and recommendations were. I picked up one of his nice supercharger pulley tools. He posted on my threads and answered my PMs all while running a shop. A reminder to treasure those around us and every moment. Prayers for his family at this time.

RIP Kevin.

Sad news indeed! I had crossed swords a couple of times in the past nine or so years with him on certain issues, but it never got personal and I respected his obvious knowledge base with the 80.

His wife and family have my condolences.

RIP Kevin Patterson.

regards

Dave

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the news. Not to understate the loss to folks who knew him personally, I never got the chance to thank him for front bearing preload or fan clutch and aluminum radiator advice or DIY alignment along with other invaluable tech advice I've probably forgotten.

Rest in Peace, Kevin. I never met him in person, but I felt like I kind of knew him through his many knowledgeable posts, and I always made it a point to read his comments. I pray for comfort for his family at their loss.

Last edited:
Holy crap. Never met the man, but got lots of solid advice on and off-line over the years.

He will most certainly be missed.

You just never know, do you? ...

He was instrumental in so many ways. Most noted was guiding me through the process of rebuilding my manual steering box....
"Polishing Turds" was his initial response for why I wanted to do such a thing. Every time I look at a manual box, I think of him, and the quote.

It is very sad to hear such bad news. RIP @Tools R Us .

Truly a sad day..... like many I never had the chance to meet him, but always found his comments and insight over the years of unusual value.....RIP and condolences to the family.....

20191104_104803.jpg

There's Kevin putting the finishing touches on a TRĀL project. I had only just met him and John @inkpot a couple weeks ago. So glad I was able to spend the few times I did with the both of them together. Kevin was a good leader, hard worker and a joy to be around. So sorry to his family and all of his friends.

Justin

Wow, I really did not know him, but I can say I respected his opinion and wisdom and will miss his presence here on mud.
Just go's to say that you must live every day as it may be your last, take nothing for granted.
People say you only live once.. I disagree. we only die once, we live every day.
Make the best of it!

We will miss you Kevin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom