Builds FitzJ60 1983 FJ60 Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Part that thing out! Make it pay for itself +

the rear end here in the Midwest is 400-600$ all day long

front clip another 300-500$

odds and ends inside will bring another couple hundred.

Make it pay for itself and the adapters at a minimum

anything extra spend it on the wife and she won’t mind then

Part that thing out! Make it pay for itself +

the rear end here in the Midwest is 400-600$ all day long

front clip another 300-500$

odds and ends inside will bring another couple hundred.

Make it pay for itself and the adapters at a minimum

anything extra spend it on the wife and she won’t mind then
Hmmm.. She did want patio furniture for Mother’s Day. I’m hopeful I can be sneaky. I should probably stop posting to social media about it.. 😬

Honestly just run the H55f since you already have it. I just did one with the Marks kit. It’s a pretty nice setup. That truck had 3.70/33’s so just put some 35’s on to go with your 4.11’s and you’ll be good to go!

I’m happy that you’re doing a 5.3 and sad that you’re getting away from the 2F.

40 will be keeping one. That’s going to stay as stock AF.

2F has been very kind to me and I love it under 35mph (off road has some throttle response lag that bugs me when it’s steep and I’m scared). I know very little about efi so it’ll be a little bit of learning.

Ultimately the LS platform works well, has parts accessibility and as @Kleatus said “You’re just bringing the weight to power ratio up to 90’s era passenger cars.” 😆

I don’t really hear that many people say “I wish I never LS swapped my rig”.

This build isn’t close to stock and the drift away from a Toyota power plant isn’t the direction I thought I’d originally go but this was too good to pass on.

Especially since I have a Marks adapter kit I bought a few weeks ago. Thanks @MadronaFJ60

40 will be keeping one. That’s going to stay as stock AF.

2F has been very kind to me and I love it under 35mph (off road has some throttle response lag that bugs me when it’s steep and I’m scared). I know very little about efi so it’ll be a little bit of learning.

Ultimately the LS platform works well, has parts accessibility and as @Kleatus said “You’re just bringing the weight to power ratio up to 90’s era passenger cars.” 😆

I don’t really hear that many people say “I wish I never LS swapped my rig”.

This build isn’t close to stock and the drift away from a Toyota power plant isn’t the direction I thought I’d originally go but this was too good to pass on.

Especially since I have a Marks adapter kit I bought a few weeks ago. Thanks @MadronaFJ60

Lemme fix that - “You’re just bringing the power to weight ratio up to 90’s ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ economy car standards.”

and then if you want more power later you can simply bolt parts on and have it

Little more to pull off the doner rig then get rid of it.

Thats was a learning experience for sure. When in doubt: sawsall.

967C1D99-FF84-4E9D-9174-4D0E140AF8DF.jpeg
DA3F5BFB-AAC4-473E-8E83-D782E2CE39BC.jpeg

Come up and help me pull the drivetrain out and get the LS in this winter between ski days.

So Exciting. I cant wait to come and see your new pad. Really nice to have that garage.

SAS5 is coming up quick.

I have the city racer carb that I threw on but never tuned. Hope to get that and a valve adjust, wrap up some odds and ends.

-AA Twin stick kit adjustment
-Dominator airbags installed with 4plus flip kit. (Would be really nice to level the back out finally.
- Weld nuts to the underside of the body to make the split seat install easier. Reboot the drivers side
-I might install longer Shackles up front if I can order the greasable bolts in time.

-top secret light project install for SAS5
-possible top secret storage project for SAS5.

Wish I could get to the elocked 80 third, but Need a new actuator and wiring harness solution that I don’t think I can put together in time. I would be really nice to loose the Lockrite rear axle driving manners.

23 Days left.

Come up and help me pull the drivetrain out and get the LS in this winter between ski days.

SAS5 is coming up quick.

I have the city racer carb that I threw on but never tuned. Hope to get that and a valve adjust, wrap up some odds and ends.

-AA Twin stick kit adjustment
-Dominator airbags installed with 4plus flip kit. (Would be really nice to level the back out finally.
- Weld nuts to the underside of the body to make the split seat install easier. Reboot the drivers side
-I might install longer Shackles up front if I can order the greasable bolts in time.

-top secret light project install for SAS5
-possible top secret storage project for SAS5.

Wish I could get to the elocked 80 third, but Need a new actuator and wiring harness solution that I don’t think I can put together in time. I would be really nice to loose the Lockrite rear axle driving manners.

23 Days left.
1625525646913.gif

2F34FB8E-2358-43F5-9A82-DA43415E5195.jpeg

Like a bloated house guest that has over stayed their welcome. This busted burban is outta here.

It is out of the way and we are back to our regularly scheduled program of Landcruisers.

42B83611-5103-4370-AEE2-6DCC02E59CA5.gif

Good work Dave - Can’t wait to see you stab that puppy in!

Did the burb go to the scrap yard?

She needs a date to the dance. Currently out of the shop though. I need to make some calls and see if I can get some rollers for her. The wheels are horrible on her (not tasteful, but in good shape) but could help fund the build a little more.

Had a bunch of people smarter than me over to tell me how to do stuff.

Set timing (+7deg), adjusted City racer carb via lean drop (sounded pretty good).

adjusted valves. Picked up 5 m hg of vaccum!

Checked cap & rotor, wires and #4 plug.

Didn’t really make it run better. Will need to mash the pedal to work and the Tuesday Cruiserheads meeting see if he starts to feel loved and run better.

comlression check is next on the list. Speculation is that #4 is low.

In other news:

Airbag brackets ready tomorrow. All thenn no other parts are in except the brackets and bags. P

Susspension shackle bolts are in and I’ll work this week on getting those on fronts and rear and post up before/after measurement.

37861F3D-F6CD-4EAE-9402-2E0EED295E9F.jpeg

AA0E3877-AB39-40FF-A3CA-AD283CD70963.jpeg

9A01F4EF-53A9-40A1-88D7-7B045AADBA04.jpeg

7F979F1B-E736-42AF-86C8-9459350ED5A9.jpeg

Parts are coming in for a few projects.

Hope to have the airbags wrapped up this week. Brackets for the 4Plus flip kit from Torfab.

Shifter will wait until the LS swap to change up. This is a beefy set-up. Will be glad to get rid of the AA twin stick.

03929850-A446-490A-B73C-B22EEDA36504.jpeg

916B56E2-E770-4D18-B561-376DAD021CE3.jpeg

With your welding capability makes you wish you had made those yourself!

They do look simple, but simple can be so hard!

Each time I see stuff I get more courageous to do more fabricating!

Last edited:
Parts List

Pre Req 4Plus Ubolt Flip kit. (if you don’t have that check out Torfab for stock ubolt kit, also heard great things about SLO Cruisers BOSS airbag set-up.

- Torfab brackets
- Liftmaster D2600 bags
-Viair P/N 11490 1x pair of inflation valves
- Viair P/N 11470 1x pair of 1/4”Npt to 1/4” airline straight fitting
- DOT 1/4” airline. 10ft is likely plenty.
-legumes Brass Pipe fitting hex bushing 1/2” NPT male to 1/4” NPt female adapter pack of 2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom