Builds FitzJ60 1983 FJ60 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

34F1B0F2-58A8-4D65-9D31-85EAF44481CD.jpeg

Hooked up with @RudigarP today for test fitting some bling over the tundra brakes on my rig. (There was a jack stand under the slider blocked in the photo, and yes Jason on the right is practicing his Moon Walk)

He has these 16x8 5.5BS and they cleared the tundra calipers.

Was nice to get the rig out other than a couple Seattle Cruiserhead meetings it's been parked and ignored for the last few months.

Dec 7th is our Annual Christmas Tree run so I need to get busy prior to that with a few things.

Got a late start, not sure how I missed following this as long as I did. Took me a while, but finally got through it all. Great thread, great build!
Hope to see you around, hit the trail, or just have a cold one and talk wagons sometime. You're right up the road. I have honestly spent more time working on it, than I have enjoying it this year, but secretly I think I enjoy working on it almost as much...

👍👍:cheers:

Got a late start, not sure how I missed following this as long as I did. Took me a while, but finally got through it all. Great thread, great build!
Hope to see you around, hit the trail, or just have a cold one and talk wagons sometime. You're right up the road. I have honestly spent more time working on it, than I have enjoying it this year, but secretly I think I enjoy working on it almost as much...

👍👍:cheers:

I think we messaged back and forth a while back (couple years). If I remember correctly your in Snohomish area?

We should take a drive at some point.

What a great build thread!

Slight hi jack, but what rear bumper is that on the blue 60?

If memory serves it’s a TrailTailor design built for a 1 inch body lift. Doug added the side protection on the quarter panels.

Spent a little time tearing out the rotting boards today.

Smashed up the floor and then pulled the bed. Hind sight being 20/20 it would have been better to pull the bed then tear off the plywood bottom.

0EC2B365-EF3B-4E07-AF50-FBD89885EABA.jpeg

244B51BD-1A92-45DC-B580-44C95DBDD75B.jpeg

Feeling like I need a bigger motor to have fun with this.

More to come...

So.. quarantine time was really Daddy Daycare as my job was kinda on hold and my wife was working from home.

60 project didn’t get much attention, the 40 was mostly disassembled and kinda sorta put back together. I had hoped to take it to SAS4 but the time and project time didn’t work out.

Gave Fitz some overdue attention today:

You may remember moments like.... this.

Back in 2018 on the way to SAS2 “I can’t be out of fuel we have only driven 180 miles.” Well at 80 mph you get lower mpg’s”
1595737603864.jpeg

This wasn’t the only time that happened. So I dug into the fuel sender connection.

17EA3634-6117-40D8-B027-4DD218125EC2.jpeg

0B46E116-7CDD-4D41-821F-BE0D8DF219C0.jpeg

A7BBE6E4-F1AF-41B8-90F8-1F446FEAD228.jpeg

Simple fixes... should have done that 2 years ago.

Old ARB style bumper has a little tie down point on the front (Red circle).I have used these once as a recovery point and have been carrying around a set of Trail Tailor recovery points for a while (since the rear bumper went on last summer) moved them up to the front under the ARB and now have soo.. many choices on where to clip stuff I’m over the moon.
D622DBDE-A691-43E1-9F39-462D35E1AFF4.jpeg

Broken motor mount? Not any more. Through bolting the DS (still chained up from last years SAS3) will prevent the mount from tearing due to the 3:1 Lo range and h55 1st.

Should be able to dump the clutch like a ninja now.

FC1AD883-EE8C-4913-9283-CAF3298F5921.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom