80 series Slinky/ICON Long Travel Suspension officially coming to the U.S.A. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

speaking of upper control arms... I had some driveline vibrations with my OME J+2 setup. Nothing too gnarly, but noticeable. All vibes are gone since the Slinky stuff went in. Zippadeedoodah!

I was planning to lengthen my lower arms to correct pinion angle but looks like it won't be necessary.
From reading & reading & reading here on mud I have found many of the vibration DC shaft, changing of control arms etc... is once you breach the 3" lift. This includes a lightly loaded rig on OME "J" springs approx. 3.5".
This is where the Slinky lift will shine. You most likely will not need new control arms to chase vibrations with a 3" lift.

my REAR springs 7501 measure 21 1/4 free height ( wheel to fender measurement is 33"(actually 32" since I have a 1" body lift) truck seems low... much lower than it was with my 4" kings... Just making sure these are actually 75MM... thank for any help!

I would be one of those who just would need the springs and shocks to replace my OME heavies. Have already done the extended bumpstops, brake lines, sway bars, caster correction, etc. Interested in what would be a good solution for a portly expo-type rig which has heaps of armor, drawers, spares, subtank, fridge, etc., and is sporting a diesel up front.

my REAR springs 7501 measure 21 1/4 free height ( wheel to fender measurement is 33"(actually 32" since I have a 1" body lift) truck seems low... much lower than it was with my 4" kings... Just making sure these are actually 75MM... thank for any help!
Wouldn't that equate to 24" from hub to fender flare not counting the spacer? Wouldn't that only be 1/2" higher than what stock height plus three inches equal?

@AutoCraft Aus it has been mentioned about 91 AUS spec front bump stops that were mounted on the frame. How tall are those compaired to the rear on US spec. Can the rear US spec bolt up to the front with maybe a spacer to get the correct bump space for the 28" long stage 1 shocks for the Slinky?

I PM'd Autocraft Aus about the spring part # and contacted Justin yesterday said he would check into it........ still have no answer

One of these days we will have the coil part numbers and prices and we can order. Hopefully they just working out the kinks and soon.

I PM'd Autocraft Aus about the spring part # and contacted Justin yesterday said he would check into it........ still have no answer

Yes you do ...

But wow, want a fast answer, email or pic up the phone, ok ;)

Yes you do ...

But wow, want a fast answer, email or pic up the phone, ok ;)
Welcome home Darren, I hope you had a productive trip to the USA.
So, if you have a list of part numbers for your coils... please share this with us.
We have been begging for a spec chart with part numbers, free height etc... Also bumpstops, sway bar brackets etc... I would also like the Icon specs if you can.
Why is this mystery kept so secret?
Thanks.

A lot of times it's kept secret because if not, how easy is it for another company just to copy it? I mean sure it's easy enough for another company to buy a set and test them but even easier if you publish all the numbers for them...

And when doing business in Australia, there are lots of shops who see something and try very hard to copy it, then run you down as the copier, we have had it alot, here. Companies who did no product for 1-2-3 years start to get inquiry because of our marketing push, then start to place small orders of standard parts.

Some of these Companies who use people on the internet to try and tell everyone we arent the only "dealers" of product, when we have our own wholesale distributor company for all our own design products to create confusion about what we do.

I have one small shop here who has copied our facebook page, copied Icons logs and pages [and had to remove them] tells people my website is in USA $ because he cant compete on price so makes ours look wrong when people find him, and we have had to fix many install issues when they install a kit, and cant fix it. They even had a customer of ours go there for tyres, and they pulled parts off the car to look at them, from our slinky long travel kit, and told the customer the kit as badly engineered, and he should remove the kit and send it back to us, and ask for his money back, so he could fit one of thier standard Icon part No shock kits with std travel, and kings springs, also only 50mm lift.

This company owner even PM's me on facebook sometimes to tell me how he is keeping notes, reporting back to companies we deal with, and how we should leave the suspension business up to him because he will take it all over one day, contacts our dealers then tries to tell me he has had interesting conversations about supplying them... yada yada yada.

Thats how some people who cant think, design, or produce anything operate here, and it gets annoying, especially when it takes time to convince some suppliers the issues some cause to not only us, but the reputation of their own product. This particular company started by wanting to be a dealer of ours, so they could gather our information, then used contacts to try and access directly, painted a great picture of how they were going to go forward, and then not only lost a 3 letter company sign from their store in the mean time, but fell flat on their face with the suppliers they roped in to stick up for them, and havent ordered anything for around 12 months.....

Doesnt stop them contacting our dealers though, and trying to cherry pick our business.

I can even say right now, a shock company has already been in touch telling us they can build what ever anyone else can build, trying to steal someone elses thunder....

We took a different tack from day 1, telling suppliers we would get runs on the board, and then talk about how we can continue to grow the business, and how we handle supply. We asked for the chance to prove ourselves first, rather than the other way around.

So if it seems we can be a bit protective, then I hope that gives an insight into some of the issues we face.

Ideally getting the information as a face to face inquiry, and making sure the kit is structured to how your vehicle is set up is the most important thing, and sometimes to much information can be a problem for the customer. If you have questions, I encourage you to make contact so we can discuss with Justin, and yourself the best set up for your requirement.

Our biggest issue sometimes can be overcoming the customers idea of what the set up will be, compared to how they are blown away by what we end up doing. I would call this trusting your supplier to get it right, for you, as its not just "generic" catalogue items by a counter jockey.

The coils are no secret and the data is out there, as I have posted it several times.

7501 Intermediate is 440lb and 3" lift,

7511 HD is 3" lift and 900lb constant load.

7511E EHD is 1200 lb constant 3" lift

We also have a 2200lb constant load rear coil.

Front is 7498 3" lift for front.

We have posted several pics of how the vehicles sit loaded and unloaded, and supplied measurements with accessories from rim to fender, etc etc.

Wow.
I'm sorry you have had to go through such a mess as that. I'm spun just reading it.

Here, as backing of what we do, if a customer is unsure, I will offer to take out what we install if its not everything we have said it will be, and they arent happy, and replace it with what ever their next choice was, for free.

I have never had to remove one.

Because we know our product intimately, and how it will work with or without load etc in a Cruiser, we like to specifiy what will work best for the application with the customer, rather than have the tail wag the dog ;)

Here, as backing of what we do, if a customer is unsure, I will offer to take out what we install if its not everything we have said it will be, and they arent happy, and replace it with what ever their next choice was, for free.

I have never had to remove one.

Because we know our product intimately, and how it will work with or without load etc in a Cruiser, we like to specifiy what will work best for the application with the customer, rather than have the tail wag the dog ;)

This is why I'm going to drive down from Sydney to see you guys Darren.

Hey all, anyone get their coils or shocks yet?

Boxrockets are all done and his build thread has some details.

Some coils also went out to someone who messaged me about heights.

got my rears, waiting for the front to come in off the boat......

landcruiser 2016-05-24 001.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom