Builds #superslinky 80 build thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AutoCraft Aus

Araco Master
Threads
Website
4xoaus.com.au
So with this build we are going to go all the way to #stage11 !

full

So we have some great build partners as we work through getting this set up through our pre production and assembly in 2019, so we thought we should get some color scheme ideas into place, so the theme can carry through the interior, engine bay and components.

This is #colorscheme 1 idea, just to get the thread up and running, and save the space, where we will go through the details on the whole vehicle as we go but interested in thoughts on the scheme, and the others we will post up over the next week or so, so let us know below.

#ls3 #twinturbo #on40s #fenderchops #compositebits #number11s #fordays

46804886_2171087022903377_4029368378136199168_n.jpg

This is #colorscheme 1 idea, just to get the thread up and running

#ls3
Color scheme approved! Engine choice approved! Proceed kind sir...this should be awesome! :popcorn:

Too late for SEMA 2018.....

Let’s hope it make 2019.

Sub’d

Sub’d!

Whats the plan for axles?...you're going to be pushing a lot of power out of that motor.

With that kind of power and 40-42 tires and 6000lbs they better be putting on a set of Dana 80.

Very cool project but at that point it’s not an 80 anymore so....I rather have a similarly modified Jeep.

I see your in OZ and your talking about a tire over 35"...

This is to be an off-road only vehicle then I'm guessing? Your also doing a significant amount of suspension mods so I'm guessing your just using it for off road comp stuff? It's a shame you can't run it like that on pavement there.

Long way to get to Sema from there...

Whats the plan for axles?...you're going to be pushing a lot of power out of that motor.

It may depend on what we can get engineered for road use here in Aus, but it may be 14 bolts with hi angle knuckles, bigger brakes and 8 stud wheels to suit the requirement.

If I go this way, will be with fabbed housings to suit the super slinky set up, so can be selling them for engineering package here, or anywhere.

Still working with the engineer on some of those details.

@cody c I think this answers your post too ;)

Yeah, I would like to see a 14 bolt front axle... let the build begin.

It may depend on what we can get engineered for road use here in Aus, but it may be 14 bolts with hi angle knuckles, bigger brakes and 8 stud wheels to suit the requirement.

If I go this way, will be with fabbed housings to suit the super slinky set up, so can be selling them for engineering package here, or anywhere.

Yeah, I would like to see a 14 bolt front axle... let the build begin.

Production 1 Ton axles designed for slinky'd 80's....now you're speaking my language!

Production 1 Ton axles designed for slinky'd 80's....now you're speaking my language!
You can get aftermarket axles for the 80s today - you can call any axle manufacturer and just tell them your specs, desired width, etc.

You can get aftermarket axles for the 80s today - you can call any axle manufacturer and just tell them your specs, desired width, etc.
, yeah but that is where the whole custom part comes in, coil bucket positioning, radius arm/control arm geometry, width, brake options etc. I have enough custom parts to appreciate the ability to add a product to a cart, enter a credit card number and magically have quality parts engineered for my rig arrive ready to bolt in.

I thought it was law there that you couldn't go over something like 10% or 15% of factory sized tires?
Either way, have at er.

On a side note, re: 14B front axle, the newer dana 60's in the late 2000 fords apparently have a slightly larger R&P, are high pinion, have 35 spline shafts, and some with 1350 or 1550 U joints. Ford does have E-lockers in some of their axles as well.

So, compared to the 14B, almost as strong R&P but better driveline angles and clearance, and still beefy axleshafts. Of course you could go RCV but these are built for the weight of heavy trucks with modern diesel torque.

New axles become very expensive very quick especially when you start talking custom. I think unless there is a huge need 90% of people would be better off bettering their LC axles with chromo birfs, trusses, etc. Of course there is going to be a few hardcore guys that need custom axles. And just for grins when I saw the Spidertrax 10% off sale I put together 2 of their Spider 9 4" Pro series axles and complete assemblies without center sections were $17,000. Lol. Yeah I am going to stick with my 80 axles.

cskt312om1-c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom