80 series Slinky/ICON Long Travel Suspension officially coming to the U.S.A. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been doing my best to bite my tongue waiting for @RLMS to pipe in & get you all more info... but it seems like Darren might be in the USA still & they are getting things all sorted out. The shipment came the day before they left for Moab @Box Rocket installed his kit at Moab. So what I'm try to say is they are doing their best to do this the right way without mistakes. I use to be in a shipping department for many years & know that you have to stay focused because you can ship the wrong stuff out to the wrong customers & that's bad MOJO there... It's just at least if Justin can throw up some teaser pics or something...

As for the kit, it comes with more than 4 coils & shocks. There is bump stops, front & rear sway bar brackets, stone guards etc...
So if you don't add it in the other parts the math is wrong with the per each coil. Like I said, I've been waiting also for per prices... it should come out in the ball park of the Slee & Icon coils... approx upper $200s
20160511_092144.png

Last edited:
Still not sure why they don't sell the springs by themselves. What if I want kings or fox, what if I already have shocks. Sorry redline, this is poor product packaging and marketing.

Agree with you 100% on this one. I'm just one of those people that are on stock suspension, and have not spent $$ on a lift (or the other parts included in the lift) yet, so the timing worked out well. Most people on the forum have spent thousands on different lift set-ups, and can't justify spending another $2k.

One of Justin's posts last month did mention that he will be selling just the springs, but I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, for everyone that want to mix and match with that they already have.

I'm just getting two front 75mm coils.
So it's not just a big kit. Justin did write somewhere that they will sell individual items separately.

I know 80 guys are some frugal bastards but take my word....if you splurge on one thing for your truck, splurge on the shocks. I know I know, you can get the Pep Boys disposable fart cans for $29.99 ea but folks underestimate just how important good shocks are. I have about $1600 in my 14" Radflo coilovers up front and 2.5" shocks in the rear and while it is A LOT of money, you're getting some top shelf stuff. They're not just cans of compressed air powedercoated yellow. They're tuned for your truck. If you don't like the setup you can have it changed. And they can be rebuilt. Think of it as the last set of shocks you'll ever need to buy.

I have been doing my best to bite my tongue waiting for @RLMS to pipe in & get you all more info... but it seems like Darren might be in the USA still & they are getting things all sorted out. The shipment came the day before they left for Moab @Box Rocket installed his kit at Moab. So what I'm try to say is they are doing their best to do this the right way without mistakes. I use to be in a shipping department for many years & know that you have to stay focused because you can ship the wrong stuff out to the wrong customers & that's bad MOJO there... It's just at least if Justin can throw up some teaser pics or something...

As for the kit, it comes with more than 4 coils & shocks. There is bump stops, front & rear sway bar brackets, brake lines etc...
So if you don't add it in the other parts the math is wrong with the per each coil. Like I said, I've been waiting also for per prices... it should come out in the ball park of the Slee & Icon coils... approx upper $200s
View attachment 1257631
One piece in that photo that some might be scratching their heads about is the two square-ish chrome pieces at the bottom of photo. Those are stone gaurds for the rear shock shafts. The shock boots are for the rear shocks too but these stone guards also are used to protect the rear shafts. The 2.0 shocks have longer stone gaurds that the ones in the photo. The pictured ones are shorter so that they don't contact the reservoir at full compression.

Thanks @Box Rocket
Is the any more information you can help us with on the questions above & since you are in close relation with Justin & Darren can you relay any info with them?

Thanks @Box Rocket
Is the any more information you can help us with on the questions above & since you are in close relation with Justin & Darren can you relay any info with them?
Working on getting all the details now. Darren flies back to Australia today if I'm not mistaken and he is planning to get more info to me once he's home. Justin is doing his best to stay on top of things and get all of this new inventory organized and still run the rest of his shop so be patient with him. I'll do what I can to bridge the gap of communication.

As for the kit, it comes with more than 4 coils & shocks. There is bump stops, front & rear sway bar brackets, brake lines etc...
View attachment 1257631
That makes a bit more sense. I thought it was just 4 springs & 4 shocks for $1,975. Thanks for pointing this out & posting a pic.

View attachment 1257631

If the coils alone are indeed under 200 each then I definitely would be very interestd. So some one please sell the coils alone, the kit is nice and all but I have my preference on parts other than coils. So if there is a coil only group buy then I'm definitely in.

Here is what I would personally use if I purchase the coils or the qball kit:
Slinky coils 75mm.....Under 800 hopefully
Fox 2.0 resi shox of proper length(cheaper and I LOVE my el cheapo 2.0 IFP, personal preference)....1000
Land tanks caster plates and oem bushings....400
Beno' longer oem brake lines, will not compromise on this one!.....150-200
Already have aluminum blocks for bump stop extension
Land tank rear upper and lower control arms.....600
Landtank rear sway bar extension, already lowered my front sway bars....50
Already have aluminum blocks for bump stop extension

Total should be a tad over 3000

Of course the qball kit will be more work and far more than 2000 but it's exactly how I want it. It will have all oem rubbers too which is extremely important to me.

Last edited:
Exactly! Most people don't even know the difference between compression and rebound. Of course for every type of terrain the ideal setting varies wildly depends on what you want to do. This is why those fancy adjustable shocks are best left to those rich racer boys who has a suspension guru on the team.

Couple of compression settings are already hard enough for most.

The compression adjuster is easy, you cant screw anything up, just change to your preference

if you want complicated, this is the rear shock off a 900hp Pro4. There are 22 bypass adjustment clickers on this truck plus dual rate spring engagement adjustment.

IMG_7832.JPG

Yeah there are stock length uppers but not very popular. They are the usual super beefed up design using OEM bushings. No need to change the length of the uppers.

No just an extended beefed up lower that makes an adjustable upper unnecessary. That is what I have read...

Yes they do, I didn't know they made one either until I talked to @NLXTACY.

speaking of upper control arms... I had some driveline vibrations with my OME J+2 setup. Nothing too gnarly, but noticeable. All vibes are gone since the Slinky stuff went in. Zippadeedoodah!

I was planning to lengthen my lower arms to correct pinion angle but looks like it won't be necessary.

FYI for comparison
Individual component pricing
Icon springs are $279/pair, F or R
2.0 IFP shocks $159

Thanks!
The compression adjuster is easy, you cant screw anything up, just change to your preference

if you want complicated, this is the rear shock off a 900hp Pro4. There are 22 bypass adjustment clickers on this truck plus dual rate spring engagement adjustment.

View attachment 1257721

Holly blowoff adjustments batman! Now those are some fancy shocks!

I'm no suspension guru but know a few things about adjusting shocks, even I have headache with just compression setting. One I need to get to all 4 and that's may not be an easy task especially when it's dirty from going offroad. Then what works well for certain terains is not good for others so I ended up with a best setting for everything and just leave it so it's no different than a non adjustable shock. Granted my load doesn't vary much at all.

Yeah there are stock length uppers but not very popular. They are the usual super beefed up design using OEM bushings. No need to change the length of the uppers.

The reason I want to get the upper also is that the arms already have the bushing pressed in. If I buy bushing and pay someone to change them then it's the same price as the arms of not more. That's why I figured I might as well is buy landtank arms and just unbolt the old one then bolt the new one on, done!

Placed my order for a 75mm, Stage1, Intermediate kit last night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom