1970 FJ40 restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I realize the thread is a bit old now but I just looked over the entire resto in the last couple hours. Beautiful build.

I like the tires size, perfect for the amount of lift. I also like all the plating, curious did you plate only items Toyota had plated? Also did the company that did the plating keep everything separate? The reason I ask is I had a bunch of stuff plated and it was more money to keep it all separate.

I read in another thread this truck just sold at Barrett Jackson. Congrats! Is it going to fund the next project!?

Cheers

Proud New Owner

Hey Zags,

Exceptional job on this FJ. You're attention to detail stole the show with my guys out there at the auction. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it out there to bid myself and take in the whole experience. Mark Gula and friends are all high end car dealers and were absolutely blown away by all aspects of its true restoration and beauty. It was very stressful on the fun with Mark bidding and the tv on a slight delay. Going heads up with actor Frankie Muniz on this, we knew it was going to be a bidding war between us. Luckily, Frankie did not realize he was not the lead bidder and got hammered. Rumor out there was he was willing to go to $70k. Today, he bought the 1972 beige one that my guys say was no where near as nice for $66k. I can't wait to see this car in person. It will be going back up for sale eventually and I will keep everyone posted. The '72 going for $66k is awesome news for everyone. I have read through this thread twice now and have seen everyone's positive remarks and excitement. I know I got a good one. I will be fairly active now on here and will keep you all up to date on my endeavors with it. Zags, I have your email and info coming from Mark. They said you are an awesome guy and a pleasure to meet. I just want to thank you for everything and let you know that I appreciate your years of hard work on this. Much respect for your talent. Hoping to have it by next Friday. Truck picks it up on Monday and starts it journey to Wrightsville Beach, NC.

Thanks,
Seasell Inc.

James Bartlett
Cale Lewis
& Company

:clap::clap::clap:

Congrats on the sale and purchase. A bunch of us (friends of Larry) were there to see it get auctioned off. Was a pretty cool deal. This 40 was easily the best one there despite another selling for more.

There were a few other "modified" 40's that were just awful. :rolleyes:

Looks like a flip? If so that's a big time reach. GLWS

ZAGS

Zags,

I did not get to see your ebay auction. Can not believe $36k was high bidder. I turned down $65k locally already. Remarkable job. Hoping someone out there sees the work you put into it and pays the price that it deserves. PM me your number. I would like to talk to you about this vehicle. Have a few questions. I would appreciate it.

FJ40

is this your FJ40 on ebay? Wilmington, NC?
Oops, I went back and read some pages I missed. I now see that it is your FJ40.
This is a fantastic build and someone would be proud to own this piece of history.
I was concerned that someone had taken your pictures and was trying to sell your work on Ebay.
I hope you have success with the sale.
Gary

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Land...c3c3772be&item=121269351102&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Last edited:
seems like lately all 40 restorations promptly became sales :rolleyes:

Hey all,
It has been while since I have been on the board. I have been super busy lately and have had zero time to get on the board. Does anyone know who owns my '40 now? I aw that it was featured in Popular Mechanics magazine to represent the Land Cruiser in the article "51 coolest trucks of all time" I thought that was was pretty cool. http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/pictures/the-51-coolest-trucks-of-all-time
Several people asked me about doing work on their 'Cruisers, and at the time I was up to my eyeballs in other projects, but I have since opened my own restoration and custom shop and have the facilities and staff to help folks with building their 'Cruisers. I will get a yellow star and advertise in vendor section, but I thought I would post here first. I dont have a website finished yet, but you can check it out on Facebook. Search for Zag's Garage.

Wow......that really soured at the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom