1 cookie pan + 1 air pump - 1 old heater = on board air! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WES1977 said:
How fast does it pump up your tires that was deflated to around 10psi?

I went to the beach last weekend and deflated to 12psi on all 4 and what a diffrence. Then it poured rain bad. It took me over 45mins to pump up. The bad thing was I had a safari summer top on and I was socked. OH yeah this pump is a battery air pump from walmart.

i was at 8psi and i took about 3 1/2 min to get to 30psi pretty impressive for 20 bucks

wantatlc said:
$21!!! damn, not here in So Cal. Can't even find them. figures! are you sure it is the same pump?

exact pump.

kdink79 said:
Did you hard wire it with a fuse?
Been looking at that model with the idea of wiring it up with adding an inline fuse.

it has an inline fuse already built in, bling bling

camcruiser13 said:
i was at 8psi and i took about 3 1/2 min to get to 30psi pretty impressive for 20 bucks

All 4? Or 1?

just one, so about 15 mins in all, it was well worth the 15 mins

This is a hard item to find on the internet. I've found it on pep boys web site and i've seen it at the partofamerica web site but they don't have anymore. Who has a web site with them cheaper than pep boys? and please post a site. I was hoping for a price around the $24.99 of partsofamerica web site and I don't want the HV-40 previously mentioned.

I read on another chat forum that the company of these compressors is coming out with a new one that is pretty much 2 inline compressors and puts out 2x output and is going to run around $200. Anyone know anything about this? When it's coming out?

HawkDriver said:
Ummm... Yea... ;)

So have you tried it on yer tires yet? How quick is it? What's the max press? Now can't someone just add a tank somewhere and use a little pump like that to fill it up. I've seen some old stainless water fire ext used. I like that idea, but wondered if a pump like that would work for it, and what kind of tire filling ability and tool running ability you would have.

Sure looks nice and pretty in there ;) .

yep used it on tires already and an air gun to spary off dust and dirt from work area. I did not time it, but you should really read this page, it is a full test on it and you will be surprised: http://www.gearinstalls.com/pepboys.htm

yep, an air tank would do same thing essentially, until it ran out of course. this has so many mor options than just a tank, and I like options. they sell those tanks ( in various sizes) all over. then just use this pump to fill it and off you go.

BTW, I check it every few days and make sure it still runs and stuff due to those headers near it, but I think I got it a safe distance away as I never took of the plastic paper that covers the gauge from scratches and it has not melted off. unit seems untouched where it mounts at this stage.

I idid add a little cover over the air out valve so nothing gets lodged in it while driving and the power switch has a rubberized water proof cover over it as well.

WES1977 said:
I read on another chat forum that the company of these compressors is coming out with a new one that is pretty much 2 inline compressors and puts out 2x output and is going to run around $200. Anyone know anything about this? When it's coming out?

don;t know about that new pump, but if that is what you want, there are optoins like that already available. what made this so nice is the inexpensive cost for a very well made, solid, fast, small, battery driven pump. that is much harder to find. a $200 pump is easy to find.

BTW, after buying this one, I busted by ass on teh web looking for that one from Kragen people talk abotu at 25$. NO DICE! I cannot get it anyplace, at any Kragen or Parts Of America store in So Cal. Also, I placed order on the web for the heck of it, order went through, but I was informed they do not have it anymore.

The reasons I have heard is that the 25.00 pump at Kragen/Checkers is the same as this Pep Boys pump at 60.00, but that the one from Kragen was getting blown out because it was a low volume seller and being discontinued so they bought a bunch and blew them out. no, impossible to find. so, the Pep Boys is the way to go. read this: http://www.gearinstalls.com/pepboys.htm it is pretty good and makes you realize, compared to some big boys, the price and what you get is damn well worth it.

PabloCruise said:
Alright then, just don't go getting ideas for her bunt pan!

hell, I already have an idea for her pie.... I mean her pie tin.

I just picked up two in the Seattle area: $24.99 each. Looks like they are getting really hard to find. I made a lot of phone calls to track these two down. They look pretty cool. I watched a guy demo one and he inflated a flat 36" Superswamper in just a few minutes!

Max

Bump for referance

something people should know about these pumps. the coupling set-up on the pump is propritary to them. that is, the quick connect coming out of the pump is not a universal one you can buy all tools and hoses for. the connect on the tool end of the hose is a tire fill screw on tool only. so, their coupler to the pump end and the connection out of the pump is their 1 of a kind size. Also, the hose is only about 16 feet and pretty narrow. this sucks as you cannot hook any air hose or tools up to the pump that you have already. which you cannot do anyway as the tool end is only a non-removable tire attachement.

POINT is, what you need to do is cut off the propritary hose end/coupler they have on their hose (attached to that black rubber lead hose) and splice it into a longer, 1/4 standard hose. this way, you get a bigger, longer hose AND you can then use any tools with a regular 1/4 quick couple. then, you cut off the other tire pump end and attach a male coupler end to it and make it a seperate tool.

so, when I got the pump, I bought this 20 piece kit that had longer bigger hose, bunch of tools, splice pieces, couplers, etc. so I could rig up the pump to run more than just their tire tool and attach more universal fittings and tools.

Last edited:
CruiserMax said:
I just picked up two in the Seattle area: $24.99 each. Looks like they are getting really hard to find. I made a lot of phone calls to track these two down. They look pretty cool. I watched a guy demo one and he inflated a flat 36" Superswamper in just a few minutes!

Max

a bit old - but where did you get them? I have been looking... Might just get it from pep boys - but trying to save a $ or get TWO! hehehe. thnx!

Rob

can't you just unscrew the air fitting?

what about putting a T fitting in with the pressure guage?

I think the coupling setup is done this way so people won't do "other stuff" with it. It's not design to be used that way. But what the heck for the price it's a hell of a deal and for emergencies operating a power tool with it would be helpful

I just bought one of these as a back-up, but it won't quite fit where I'd like to mount it. Can the location of the pressure gauge and the fitting for the air hose be swapped? Has anyone done this?

FWIW, I have been using this for a whil enow, mounted where it has been since day one and no problems. I have wheeled a TON with my rig and after long 3 hour drives ot the trails - airing down - wheelin for 3-4 hours - airing up - I have had not heating up issues with this setup.

if you click my signatures link, the last image shows me using it to air up after a run.

it is pretty fast......

FWIW, I have been using this for a while now, mounted where it has been since day one and no problems. I have wheeled a TON with my rig and after long 3 hour drives ot the trails - airing down - wheelin for 3-4 hours - airing up - I have had not heating up issues with this setup as people were concerned about.

if you click my signatures link, the last image shows me using it to air up after a run.

it is pretty fast......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom