TPMS disarm

sandcruiser

....back in the saddle again....
I opted to jump the blue wire and a black/white (ground).

It seems to be working.

I used an inch or so of welding wire, added some heatshrink, then inserted the wire on the harness side of the white connector. I used needle nose pliers to really jam it in there.
I taped it up again, that may help.

Lets hope it holds....

But it works today.
PXL_20210103_220016024.jpg

I opted to jump the blue wire and a black/white (ground).

It seems to be working.

I used an inch or so of welding wire, added some heatshrink, then inserted the wire on the harness side of the white connector. I used needle nose pliers to really jam it in there.
I taped it up again, that may help.

Lets hope it holds....

But it works today.

@sandcruiser -Thanks!! How this worked long term for you?

A simple jumper to ground on the plug seems like the easiest, most reversible option. For those of us that have green or other modules that can use the ground trick.

sandcruiser

....back in the saddle again....
@sandcruiser -Thanks!! How this worked long term for you?

A simple jumper to ground on the plug seems like the easiest, most reversible option. For those of us that have green or other modules that can use the ground trick.
It still works as of June 2021 (6 months later).

I've been debating undoing it as I got the tpms rebuilt when I got new tires in ~feb..... but I don't really feel like tpms on/off is useful to me. If it gave me the actual psi of each tire, I'd be much more interested.

by "undo" I mean adding a switch instead of just a jumper, so that I can toggle it on/off when I air down for offroad..... but mostly I have other projects in which I'd rather invest time!

It still works as of June 2021 (6 months later).

I've been debating undoing it as I got the tpms rebuilt when I got new tires in ~feb..... but I don't really feel like tpms on/off is useful to me. If it gave me the actual psi of each tire, I'd be much more interested.

by "undo" I mean adding a switch instead of just a jumper, so that I can toggle it on/off when I air down for offroad..... but mostly I have other projects in which I'd rather invest time!

Agreed! I've never been able to make and of the OBD readers show per-tire pressure. If that worked I'd be much more inclined to actually use TPMS.

Figured this out for the 07+ GX (the TPMS indicator circuit is different). Reading some of the other forums (T4R, Tacomaworld) I saw people having the same problem with newer Toyotas as the 07+ GX, ie grounding the blue wire going to the dash indicator light (or in their case it is pink/black) did not work. So one or two people tried connecting the blue wire to 5V and it worked. I pulled out my multimeter and confirmed the green/red stripe wire right next to the blue wire on the same connector was 5V (double confirmed by the 04 connector diagram I have as well - it's the Tire Pressure receiver power source). I tapped (I didn't cut) 5V off the green/red stripe wire, connected it to the blue wire going to the dash and the light went off!

TLDR: For the 07+ GX instead of grounding the blue wire you tap 5V off the green/red stripe wire right next to it in the connector and connect them. I appreciate your reply and this info very much! Took like 10 mins start to finish and worked flawlessly on my 09 470. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom