My new FJ40 w/ pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
theshealys.com
My FJ40 w/ pics

Well I have not posted my pictures of my FJ40 yet I've had it a few months and yes this is my first FJ40, or land cruiser. These are pictures of the ad I used to buy it. I did flip the bezel after receiving it.

Img0507DSCN1025.jpg
Img0508DSCN1026.jpg
Img0511DSCN1029.jpg
Img0507DSCN1025.jpg
Img0508DSCN1026.jpg
Img0511DSCN1029.jpg

Last edited:
well if you want to look at some pictures of some of the progress i've done this is my web site http://theshealys.com. I have a welder and have replace the drivers seat bracket with my own design (single Pole).
DSC01443.jpg

DSC01660.jpg
DSC01443.jpg
DSC01660.jpg

Last edited:
tucker74 said:
Wow - I've never seen the brackets gone like that with the floors in tact, did the PO replace? I dig your co-pilots ... this one looks just like mine -

Good luck man!

Tucker

Thanks, I got this cruiser from Illinois. The po said the problem was getting in and out of the vehicle with snow on the boots. He had a floor liner with a , felt like wool material that was wet even when I got it. Everything under this liner has lots of rust. Thank goodness the Tub is fiberglass.

Last edited:
as far as I'm concerned you've already got it ALL figured out.

Everytime ya see a Stuck Jeep, out comes the Camera. Even with the Bronco pulling it out......haha....cool cruiser. It's very, uh, brown.....everywhere!

Looks fun...

Last edited:
TJDIV said:
as far as I'm concerned you've already got it ALL figured out.

Everytime ya see a Stuck Jeep, out comes the Camera. Even with the Bronco pulling it out......haha....cool cruiser. It's very, uh, brown.....everywhere!

Looks fun...

I have no clue how he got stuck there. I went threw that spot after he was gone with no problems. I plan on painting it red.

74fj40 said:
do you kno exactly what color it is? is that an orginal color?. looks like you could use an aluminum tub, as could i :rolleyes:

Why would you say I need an aluminum tub, It's Fiberglass and in great shape. It used to be green, and the po changed it i'm guessing when he put in the tub.

looks good but not much strength...you may want to triangulate it for more strength.
Daryl

fjbj40 said:
looks good but not much strength...you may want to triangulate it for more strength.
Daryl

I'm pretty sure it is much stronger than stock. That's 1" square tube steel. It's 1\8" thick compared to about 1/16" stock. I thought about mounting some type of spring on all 4 arms like a bike shocks but they need to be short.

Last edited:
The project is coming along well, I really like that BullBar !:cheers:

Installed a 2" EMU lift with Rancho shocks in the front. Man what a difference in the ride and the steering. Why did I not do this a long time ago?

cDSC07814.jpg

cDSC07818.jpg
cDSC07814.jpg
cDSC07818.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom