Builds Fly By Night (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a feeling this was gonna look good.

IMG_3351.jpeg

IMG_3352.jpeg

A little update on the hydroboost fitting -

The thread is not -4ORB. It’s a 5/16”x24 thread and they’re calling is a hydroboost “spittier” return. The only thing I can find is a fitting that adapts the 5/16” to -6AN. Can’t even find a factory looking fitting.

Here’s a pic of the fitting next to a -4ORB plug on the right.

IMG_3353.jpeg

IMG_3355.jpeg

Looks nice in there. But I think now you need a big 102mm throttle body to bring it all home.

Amazon has " TITAN FITTINGS | 6801-04-02 | 90° Elbow 1/4" Male JIC (7/16"-20 thread) x 1/8" ORB (5/16"-24 thread) Male" That will let you run the same #4AN lines that you ran for everything else for around $5.50 on my Amazons.

That right there is the ticket 👆🏼
Thanks again - web search guru and fitting professional👍🏼

Looks nice in there. But I think now you need a big 102mm throttle body to bring it all home.
Yes, the throttle body is currently the ugliest part of the equation. My plan is to run it first with this original TB and upgrade later if necessary. At the very least this TB needs to be removed and detailed!

Yes, the throttle body is currently the ugliest part of the equation. My plan is to run it first with this original TB and upgrade later if necessary. At the very least this TB needs to be removed and detailed!
1709579918159.gif

Took a couple steps backwards with the hydroboost flip (should have done it that way to begin with). Made a new mount. Will need to readjust the brake lines or make new ones. I’ll do that when I’m done with the engine wiring harness.
Instead of trying to cut around and shape out a locator dog, I just cut the 1-5/8” hole with a hole saw, and then welded in a locator with the TIG (more than one way to skin a cat). This is much better than the last design anyways, can actually get a tool on the nut to tighten it down properly. The studs are from the OEM GM mount from the truck it came out of.

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

I guess we need a plasma table. :)
We got one at work, pretty sweet. When I need a part it usually works the way I want. (I’m to blame, not the machine). That being said, it’s not cheap- table, computer and plasma. Something like $5k- your total budget I’m told.

Flipside, fusion360 has a free version of their CAD software. $5k should buy a lot of Send-Cut-Send.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom