Thinking about the build. Next Steps for Zeke (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Nick

GOLD Star
Threads
Howdy, Gang,

Starting this thread as a place-holder for now.

But, I am starting to think about building Zeke (been having a blast driving him this week). Mechanically, @120mm has him sorted (the steering and exhaust will be addressed). Zeke ran like a champ on the 6 hour drive back to our place from LBL last weekend.

So, here's what up:

1) I see that I missed out on the Aussie new seals group buy, so I've put a message in to them about getting a full set for Zeke. With prices being what they are, I can only imagine that they'll be a good deal higher if I wait until the Spring to make that purchase.

2) Zeke is in need of some new tires - thinking that I am going to go with Nitto (the BFGs on my 62 are less than two years old. Their tread is fine, but they look a LOT older). New wheels are also a possibility as I would like a little more offset for clearance. Not heepy offset, so don't start... lol.

3) From poking around in here, I know that Bobm used to make all of the patch panels and that Remy has taken over (but has been hit my life stresses). I'll go ahead and ask... even though I'll get a bunch of smartazzed responses... anybody have fender patches, front floor pans, rockers, quarter patches that they are looking to sell? Body mounts need to be addressed too when I pull the fenders and cut in to the quarters.

4) One thing that I have decided, is that I am going to rattle can/or DIY paintbooth Zeke in his OEM colors. He will replace my 62 as our wheeling rig and I don't want an expensive paint job to pin stripe.

5) Another thing or two. I'm going to pull the entire interior and glass, weld in new metal where necessary, treat, prime and paint, fatmat everywhere, install the new headliner. get new rear ds quarter glass cut, and then button him back up.

That's it for now...

Cheers, gang. Glad to be a new member of this community.

:flipoff2:

IMG_5695.jpeg

Already put Zeke to work. Had to jump my Dad’s 89 Waggy.

Digging the LBL mud/dust mix.

Thanks for taking on the project!
He's a handsome rig.

And, you bet. Just in planning stages, but things are starting to come together in my mind.

1st change the name 🤣. Kidding its yours name whatever ya wants. 2nd when ya gets into da Body PMS me 🤔😳😯😲 😘🤣 I'll see what i can do 😘. Seriously change name 🤣
Lol. Right on. I’ll be in touch sooner than later… 👍

As far as tires, stick with the 35s or go a touch bigger?
Going to stick with the 35s. The size just looks and "feels" right to me.

It’s a Pig. Leave the body as is and be proud of your tetanus machine. Or at least don’t take it out of service for 3 to 100 months for body work. It’s a slippery slope.

35” Yokohamas on steelie 17”s and roll out.
lol. I re-did the body on my 62 over the course of 1 summer (taught myself to weld on that project). I'm going to go for it with this Piggy. We've got salt on the roads here in the winter. If I keep driving it and don't deal with the rust (even with fluid film), the salt will kill it.

Right on! Looking forward to seeing the further adventures of Zeke (keep the name!)!
I like your plan so far as to keep it as a ‘wheeler but also taking care of the rust issues.
Our buddy @roadstr6 did a great job of doing just what you’re describing in quick time, and was able to get the OEM paint matched up and put in spray cans by his local paint shop. Here’s his thread to flip through for motivation -

Right on! Looking forward to seeing the further adventures of Zeke (keep the name!)!
I like your plan so far as to keep it as a ‘wheeler but also taking care of the rust issues.
Our buddy @roadstr6 did a great job of doing just what you’re describing in quick time, and was able to get the OEM paint matched up and put in spray cans by his local paint shop. Here’s his thread to flip through for motivation -

Thank you. Will check it out today.

So, whats da new name 😳😯😲🤔😉🙂
That will most likely come when I start into the patching and welding. With all of the tenderness that I plan to offer, Zeke might just transition to a lady... lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom