Best Aftermarket headLights For Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i just tucked it aside. it’s a female plug so little chance of it completing a circuit to short out so it’s just hanging out. best $36 i’ve spent. they’re actually so good i’m considering just using them on my other build i was going to go all out and do jw speaker but these actually light up everything as well as my speakers do on my 62. i’m really impressed with how well they work!
Speakers?

What did y’all do with the other, unused female plug? Bag it? Lop it off?

For 60 Series trucks the high beam indicator light on the dash stops working with the Koito kit, so I designed a module that plugs into the unused side and does some simple voodoo to make the indicator work. Should work on later model 40s, maybe 77/78 or later, almost surely on 1980+ 40s. Otherwise tape that sucker off and enjoy your new headlights.

Best $37 I ever spent!

Just because I still can!
C2D9F215-4863-41BF-8BD0-B6DD15ADA4E9.jpeg
I’ve already got them on three of my trucks/cars!

C2D9F215-4863-41BF-8BD0-B6DD15ADA4E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Be sure to check with your local Toyota dealer too. I just picked up a kit for $23.07 plus tax. It took a couple of weeks to get them in.

Do you think guys that the above mentioned kit (81110-60P70 OEM HEADLAMP ASSY) fits the 24V Cruisers (e.g. BJ42) too?

81110-60P70.jpeg

Last edited:
I would doubt it. My guess is your lights would be very bright for about 10 minutes…

Although you may be able to buy 24 V bulbs and relays to fit in the light housings and the harnessing.

Physically, they should fit

Picked up this kit at SoCal dealer yesterday for $15.88 all in. It took 2 days to get it after ordering online.

I have a 1964 FJ40, and don't seem to have the vehicle side connector for the new harness. Is there a write-up or thread on how to wire up the kit on the early Cruisers? I've found bits and pieces in different threads, but it's getting confusing to me. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to electrical stuff.

The only plug you use from the stk 40 harness is the one that plugs into the headlight. The rest of the headlight harness hooks up to the batt. It's my understanding the issue for early models is that the headlight bucket is closed on the back side.

Yep, I have the closed headlight buckets.

Search one of @wngrog ’s builds, he put the new lights in the older buckets and shows what to do.

I think there was a price increase with the new year: ended up paying $17 and change at Desert Toyota, here in Tucson. That being said, it still blows my mind... had to put up some pictures of what you get in the box.

tempImagexGlTqy.png

headlamp assy 81110-60P70 6.jpg

tempImageLyZzSk.png

They used to be in the $50 range…. Not sure why the price drop?

Maybe it’s these economic stimulus packages?

I can give one for next year’s White Elephant gift exchange!

They used to be in the $50 range…. Not sure why the price drop?

Maybe it’s these economic stimulus packages?

I can give one for next year’s White Elephant gift exchange!
I definitely bought extras I certainly don’t need just because it is such a good deal for what you get.

They used to be in the $50 range….

I’m one of those victims that paid $50 a few years ago, still smiling in spite of getting hammered on the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom