What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven’t seen one of these light up in years. Cleaned up the wires and installed a new horn relay with connector. Added a stopper for the tire carrier.

516D0659-CADE-4194-B695-BD72621D5EC3.jpeg

48C076C7-08CD-4F15-8D12-47CCE8306400.jpeg

B14A6ECB-EE44-48C9-8B0A-FC359C5F8654.jpeg

Looks Good! I need to order a pair of bumperttes myself.
Thanks. The funny part is, you'll probably pay less for new than you would in the classifieds here :rolleyes:. Word of caution, all of my "painted" parts from Toyota have came with blemishes on them, except for the front bumper which was actually packaged very well. Its cool cause its not a restoration project, mostly preservation & visual upgrades, but just be aware. Here is the part #'s including the bolts you need to attach them. This was black friday 10% off pricing from Vescovo Toyota. Their website doesn't work anymore, I'm ordering through Jim Ellis Toyota out of Georgia now, they seem to have the same pricing structure as Vescovo, which is lowest I have found nation wide. My local dealership is 30% more than these prices even when ordering online.

91611B0825​
$ 1.23​
BOLT
5215260011​
$ 29.30​
BAR, REAR BUMPER, RIGHT
5215360011​
$ 29.30​
BAR, REAR BUMPER, LEFT

Thanks. The funny part is, you'll probably pay less for new than you would in the classifieds here :rolleyes:. Word of caution, all of my "painted" parts from Toyota have came with blemishes on them, except for the front bumper which was actually packaged very well. Its cool cause its not a restoration project, mostly preservation & visual upgrades, but just be aware. Here is the part #'s including the bolts you need to attach them. This was black friday 10% off pricing from Vescovo Toyota. Their website doesn't work anymore, I'm ordering through Jim Ellis Toyota out of Georgia now, they seem to have the same pricing structure as Vescovo, which is lowest I have found nation wide. My local dealership is 30% more than these prices even when ordering online.

91611B0825​
$ 1.23​
BOLT
5215260011​
$ 29.30​
BAR, REAR BUMPER, RIGHT
5215360011​
$ 29.30​
BAR, REAR BUMPER, LEFT
yeah basically doing the same as you ! just adding visual parts to it. My front bumper came in great shape. been looking for some used rear bumperettes but they are either bent or way more expensive. thanks I will order through them.

91611B0825​
$ 1.23​
BOLT
5215260011​
$ 29.30​
BAR, REAR BUMPER, RIGHT
5215360011​
$ 29.30​
BAR, REAR BUMPER, LEFT

I see Vescovo is gone and replaced by Viva. Haven't found a way to order parts using the part number on Viva parts online. Vescovo had free shipping and no tax. How is Jim Ellis shipping?

I see Vescovo is gone and replaced by Viva. Haven't found a way to order parts using the part number on Viva parts online. Vescovo had free shipping and no tax. How is Jim Ellis shipping?
Free shipping and no tax. It has always took 1-2 weeks to receive my parts from either source. Same as toyota parts deal, but better pricing, no shipping, and no tax. They also gave me a nice Toyota racing hat in my first order!

Free shipping and no tax. It has always took 1-2 weeks to receive my parts from either source. Same as toyota parts deal, but better pricing, no shipping, and no tax. They also gave me a nice Toyota racing hat in my first order!

Did you need a code for free shipping? Checked a couple of part numbers and none were free shipping. While available in the US not sure they were on any US models.

Did you need a code for free shipping? Checked a couple of part numbers and none were free shipping. While available in the US not sure they were on any US models.
You have to enter freeship in the cupon box at the first checkout completion screen. It should be middle right side of your screen, right below the list and total price of items ordered. “FREESHIP” is the code. They give you a $200 free shipping credit per order. On big order or multiple big items, just place multiple orders. I ordered a ton of junk for black friday, and had to place 8 individual orders to get all the stuff i wanted delivered with free shipping.

The free shipping and $200 credit is not specific to the dealer, its the way the toyota parts program is run. The guy at Jim Ellis told me Toyota subsidizes the shipping somehow, which makes sense. No way they sent me my $125 bumper without at least $40-$50 in shipping costs. Thanks Mr. T!

Welding up a metal tech full cage for a buddy.
View attachment 2884075
Finishing the same cage up…pics of the frame tie ins. Stock beige rattle can from Cruiser Corp. Good quality paint.

Make sure you have a tubing notcher, huge regret in the time lost hand cutting with grinder.

76D2E55A-7339-41C7-8B5C-D8800C6987BE.jpeg

497A7C66-D0A8-4251-B58B-57671F5F7172.jpeg

2868F772-662C-4D57-A4F4-BC6A0BCE610F.jpeg

Looks good, no notcher for me. Angle grinder for the foreseeable future
The harbor freight notcher is CHEAP and works fine for these one off simple jobs. Well worth the money.

Looks good, no notcher for me. Angle grinder for the foreseeable future

A porta band and flap wheel works wonders for nice fitting notches.

Been driving it almost daily. (The truck behind the 40 not so much.)

Snow Daze.JPG

Notice the missing DS wiper. While dusting off hood the blade assembly launched itself off into the snow. When I went to pop it back on I discovered the spring clip had come off the blade assembly. It took 10 minutes of frantic digging around to find it and then another 10 to file and bend the tabs back into a position that would keep the spring locked in place. A dab of grease on the end of the arm - you know, for rust proofing - and the blade snapped smartly into place. Whew.

Here's a view of the spring back in it's rightful place. Ignore the paint splatters on my thumb. Who has time for gloves just because it's below freezing outside?

LC Wiper Bade Clip..JPG

Not sure which year of 40 your are working on of the three you have listed. Mid 74 and later have the L brackets. Earlier 40s shouldn’t have the bracket.

General info for cage install: This link answered questions when I got to the frame tie ins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom