What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the Hella’s on Amazon. There are headlight relay kits out there that make the rewire very easy. You don’t need to assemble a whole fuse box. I wanted to do it that way mostly for my flood/spot lights up on the roof rack. I used the E code Hellas with 80/100 halogen H4 lamps. It would be unwise to run the higher wattage headlamps through the factory switch.

[ALL STAR TRUCK PARTS]... Amazon.com: [ALL STAR TRUCK PARTS] 2-Headlight H4 Headlamp Light Bulb Ceramic Socket Plugs Relay Wiring Harness Kit: Automotive

Hella 7" Round E code Headlamp... Amazon.com: Hella 7" Round E code Headlamp Kit with 100/80w Bulbs - PAIR: Automotive

jBktF38.jpg

Working through knuckle rebuild.

How’s the sniper working out?
Really like it so far, but haven't taken it on the road yet.
Changing the oil tonight, then driving will begin.
I love the info the computer gives you. Really helpful to see everything going on in one place, and with such accuracy.
I'll update moving forward.
:)

@thecrazygreek do you have this manual on the 3.5 screen. It has a lot more info than the owners manual.
JP

Attachments

• holley-3.5inch-touch-screen-lcd-user-manual.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
I am running the same FJ60 knob in my truck and for the same reason. I had no knob at all when I bought my truck so I purchased a stock one from an online retailer. I had the same opinion of it as you do so I sourced a used FJ60 knob and then had to figure to how to adapt the two. I think I ended up buying a plastic bolt that matched the threads of the FJ60 knob, screwing/epoxying it in and cutting it off flush. Then I drilled out the center and tapped it to match the FJ40 lever. It works great.

I didn't like the tiny little transfer case shift knob so I bought one for a different year that is larger. The threads were too big though so I cut a small piece of aluminum tube, threaded it for the shifter lever (8 x 1.25) and epoxied it into the knob. I also did not like the shift boot for the transfer case. It is a replacement and was made from some cheap vinyl cloth or something. So I took it apart and used it for a template and sewed up a leather one. Pretty simple and I like it much better.

I wrote 'Anniversary,' and perhaps maybe should've probably written "40th BIRTHDAY" (as being she was Japanese 'born' diring this month - in March 40-years ago). Well. Whatever. Regardless, the broken-down beauty is PEAVED at me. She & her brand new, still in a box radiator are 'Steaming Mad.' And rightfully so. ... I'm going to take her hanging on the garage ceiling steering wheel and lay it upon my chest as I sleep tonight & the remaining nights this month. The least I can immediately do for her. ... Right ??

I wrote 'Anniversary,' and perhaps maybe should've probably written "40th BIRTHDAY" (as being she was Japanese 'born' diring this month - in March 40-years ago). Well. Whatever. Regardless, the broken-down beauty is PEAVED at me. She & her brand new, still in a box radiator are 'Steaming Mad.' And rightfully so. ... I'm going to take her hanging on the garage ceiling steering wheel and lay it upon my chest as I sleep tonight & the remaining nights this month. The least I can immediately do for her. ... Right ??

Or sell it to someone serious..... j/k. Unless you are thinking about it.

Nebula paint is done. Upholstery is done. New foam all around, and I went with the @Cruiser Corps kit but (Purists avert your eyes)... in their '71 and earlier coral color. I didn't re-install the seat back-plates yet. Mine are too beat up. I'll probably look for some replacements in decent shape when I'm done bolting everything else back up. I went with the CC covers because:
  1. I read good things about the quality.
  2. I've always liked the coral seats better than the black or gray OEM options, and CC had no issues mixing and matching. The other cruiser company I called about seat covers (that sells coral covers for the older seats) were not willing to swap colors for me. I suspect they are either importing them from China in large batches or they are just a little too OEM-elite to take my money.
  3. Within the "coral" options I found (in pre-made kits), Cruiser Corps also seemed to be the least orange. They even sent me out a swatch to make sure I liked the color before purchasing.
Some might take the opportunity to argue that the original coral WAS indeed more orange. I don't know, also, I don't care. If my truck is a '74, I already broke the OEM color rules, so technically, it wouldn't matter if I did them pink at this point. I was going to say you can't get more wrong than wrong, but IMO pink really would be an additional degree of wrong.
Cruiser Corps even sold me an extra yard of the vinyl, I am recovering the pad on my Tuffy console to match the seats. You'll have to take an I.O.U. on pics of that (You can just see the unmounted pad on the floor between the seats of the last pic).

Last edited:
Nebula paint is done. Upholstery is done. New foam all around, and I went with the @Cruiser Corps kit but (Purists avert your eyes)... in their '71 and earlier coral color. I didn't re-install the seat back-plates yet. Mine are too beat up. I'll probably look for some replacements in decent shape when I'm done bolting everything else back up. I went with the CC covers because:
  1. I read good things about the quality.
  2. I've always liked the coral seats better than the black or gray OEM options, and CC had no issues mixing and matching. The other cruiser company I called about seat covers (that sells coral covers for the older seats) were not willing to swap colors for me. I suspect they are either importing them from China in large batches or they are just a little too OEM-elite to take my money.
  3. Within the "coral" options I found (in pre-made kits), Cruiser Corps also seemed to be the least orange. They even sent me out a swatch to make sure I liked the color before purchasing.
Some might take the opportunity to argue that the original coral WAS indeed more orange. I don't know, also, I don't care. If my truck is a '74, I already broke the OEM color rules, so technically, it wouldn't matter if I did them pink at this point. I was going to say you can't get more wrong than wrong, but IMO pink really would be an additional degree of wrong.
Cruiser Corps even sold me an extra yard of the vinyl, I am recovering the pad on my Tuffy console to match the seats. (You'll have to take an I.O.U. on pics of that)

Seat color looks great with that green... er nebula paint! :smokin:

I drove 11hrs on Tuesday to bring this baby home. (for the 2nd time!) Seriously! 20 years later!

I drove 11hrs on Tuesday to bring this baby home. (for the 2nd time!) Seriously! 20 years later!

View attachment 1921057
Seeing the DuelMatic hubs takes me back to my childhood. Way cool. I was fascinated with them on our family's 69 FJ55.

@gericurl

I borrowed your image for scientific reasons, thinking, hey red and green are complimentary colors. I sampled your coral seat in Photoshop to determine a Red Green Blue, and, Hue, Saturation, Value number. Then I went to Paletton - The Color Scheme Designer to find the complimentary color. As it turns out the color of your seats make a balanced pair, an approximate complimentary color, with the 40s body paint.

@gericurl

I borrowed your image for scientific reasons, thinking, hey red and green are complimentary colors. I sampled your coral seat in Photoshop to determine a Red Green Blue, and, Hue, Saturation, Value number. Then I went to Paletton - The Color Scheme Designer to find the complimentary color. As it turns out the color of your seats make a balanced pair, an approximate complimentary color, with the 40s body paint.

View attachment 1921159

Nerd alert.....j/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom