What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made some drivers seat extensions similar to this for my 40. Should have done this 20 years ago. That extra 2 inches makes a world of difference in comfort!

Fotor_155218852433440.jpg

Blue got a new water pump, thermostat, fan clutch, and all associated hoses/clamps. Still chasing down some air in the system I believe although I am not exactly sure where the temp gauge is really supposed register since there was conveniently no thermostat installed previously...

Got her back on the road after a few months off... Holly Sniper EFI system kicks ass!
Still have a tick from a slightly bent pushrod, going to take care of that next weekend. Power is the best it's been.
If your thinking efi, get a sniper...
Artsy pic for fun...

My '78 FJ40 has been sitting in storage for 8 years. I've come to the realization that she's a bigger project than I want, so I think it's time to get her ready to sell.

I drained the old fuel and put in some fresh gas. Bought a new battery. Removed the plugs, put some motor oil down the cylinders, and rotated the engine to coat the cylinders. Put the plugs back in. Drained the radiator and added some distilled water and antifreeze. Started her up and let the smoke clear. :)

The clutch pedal is soft and the clutch isn't engaging so it's probably the hydraulics. I'll figure out where the leak is, and probably just replace the master and slave cylinders.

Title is still for Washington but I live in Maryland now, so I think I need to transfer the title to Maryland.

Brakes are shot and some lights don't work. Debating whether I'll work on those and try to get her licensed, or just try to sell her unlicensed.

Anyway, that's what I did this week.

My '78 FJ40 has been sitting in storage for 8 years. I've come to the realization that she's a bigger project than I want, so I think it's time to get her ready to sell.

I drained the old fuel and put in some fresh gas. Bought a new battery. Removed the plugs, put some motor oil down the cylinders, and rotated the engine to coat the cylinders. Put the plugs back in. Drained the radiator and added some distilled water and antifreeze. Started her up and let the smoke clear. :)

The clutch pedal is soft and the clutch isn't engaging so it's probably the hydraulics. I'll figure out where the leak is, and probably just replace the master and slave cylinders.

Title is still for Washington but I live in Maryland now, so I think I need to transfer the title to Maryland.

Brakes are shot and some lights don't work. Debating whether I'll work on those and try to get her licensed, or just try to sell her unlicensed.

Anyway, that's what I did this week.

It’ll be worth a lot more running and driving. I’d put the time and money into getting it to a basic level.

Got her back on the road after a few months off... Holly Sniper EFI system kicks ass!
Still have a tick from a slightly bent pushrod, going to take care of that next weekend. Power is the best it's been.
If your thinking efi, get a sniper...
Artsy pic for fun...
View attachment 1924295
I really like the image. Did you paint that?

I really like the image. Did you paint that?
Thanks!
It's an app called prisma. Can do some pretty cool stuff with your pics...

Better living thru hydrolics.
JT Outfitters kit was not the best. Had to cut and weld their gear box pedestal to get the angle right and not over work the rag joint. Also had to grind material off the pump bracket due to interference with the valve cover.
Turned a 4 hour job into 12 hours. But still worth it for the end result.

Before and after.

Cut the rear end off:

...because there was some rust issues (this is above the left spring perch plate):

You aren't kidding about some rust issues.. Bummer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom