Builds Woodrow, the 60 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was the Evap Core leaking or the connections/Evap valve ?
There is a little fitting inside the aftermarket expansion valve and it was not seated correctly

Did you dump the mineral oil out of the new compressor and replace with the equivalent PAG 46?
(Assuming you're converting to R134A)

Last edited:
Did you dump the mineral oil out of the new compressor and replace with the equivalent PAG 46?

I added PAG 46 to everything yes

Aight. We good. System held vacuum. Radiator shop said the condenser is clean as a green bean. I added a touch of PAG to it and it’s ready for charging on Tuesday at @wct49’s shop.

Once the AC is cold it’s going home.

IMG_9448.jpeg

Good news.

49tire got the AC charged and there are no leaks!

Bad news.

The AC amplifier is toast. Rob seems to think this may have been the reason I cooked the compressors. It never let them cycle.

AC is super cold when you jump the compressor off though.
IMG_9555.jpeg

Anyone have a spare AC amplifier?

This truck is smooth as glass at 80

0759EE82-902B-46A6-B927-0AB78DF2D380.jpeg

First Rate! Beautiful rig. Have to keep an eye on the highways for it.

There is a little fitting inside the aftermarket expansion valve and it was not seated correctly
Had the exact same problem on a four seasons expansion valve on my 87 mini truck - ended up replacing it with a Denso.

Figure the condenser and the lines were full of crap and it locked the compressor up once it started cycling through. Great job on the A/C install, always good to clean everything with brake cleaner and an air compressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom