What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

here's the progression and update on my 45...and yes bezel cops, it's adjusted....lol

photo1.JPG

969751_10201565479008152_1572256676_n.jpg

7661_10202034825661525_1964285434_n.jpg

FJaftbed.JPG

grillguard4.JPG

I had a similar problem making room for the seat with my propane tank back there also. Since there was no way of mounting it anywhere else, I had to move it all the way to the back, so it was kind of out in the open. I wanted to run a bar to protect the propane tank and to stiffen up the cage at the bottom, but I had to make it removable to be able to get the tank in and out. So I decided to make it hinged on one side like a swing out tire carrier. I didn't want to spend $50+ on a spindle so I ended up fabbing up something. I got a bronze bushing that fits inside a piece of 1.5" DOM and has a 1" ID. I bent up some .25"x2" flat stock with my Swag break to make a bracket to hold the bushing. I built a rack to hold a tool box and I will be bolting 2 small ammo cans on it to hold my recovery gear.

You got some good ideas there. I may have to steal some of them.

Golden Rod wheels.jpg
Wheels back from powdercoater and mounted the new BFG KM2 from 49 tire (the only place to buy tires!), installed new bed mat and new front floor mat from CCOT.....drove it...."rubbed it with a diaper"

nothing tonight...should've finished the center arm (shaft doesn't seem to want to come out, so need to heat it up and beat the crap out of it), instead, i did a new tie rod on the 80 and new rear window channel on the 4skinner. but tomorrow...yes...tomorrrow. new spring bushings for annie show up. between actually having bushings and a rebuilt center arm, that 1962 should steer just like a 1972

Not quite this week but finished up installing the new radiator (was about 3cm to short to fit the radiator support so had to fit a bracket to fit it) and hoses and finding an original fan shroud to add after getting rid of the rust on it and giving it a paint. Also started work on the front bumper and bumperettes, painted in ash grey metallic colour T-145
fanshroud.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

Drove it to work all week because I am going on vacation next week and will miss it!!! Oh Yeah have a carpenter moving the collar ties in my garage while I am away so I can hoist the hardtop into the haunch. Bought a bikini top so the roof will be off until next November. Gotta love the fact that it doesn't rain in NorCal 6 months out of the year!!!

I finished the drivers seat frame with a a seat slider and installed 3 point seat belts. I removed the soft top and doors and enjoyed driving it once again!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397144967.346958.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397144992.458599.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

Decided to pull the 283V8/SM420/3spd Transfer and put in a 2F engine/4spd transmission/split case - been thinking about this change for a long time and decided to go for it. Also, swapping out the 4.11s for 3.73 gears. Not my garage, my mechanics.

joes motor#1.jpg

joes motor#2.jpg

joes motor#3.jpg

joes motor#4.jpg

Decided to pull the 283V8/SM420/3spd Transfer and put in a 2F engine/4spd transmission/split case - been thinking about this change for a long time and decided to go for it. Also, swapping out the 4.11s for 3.73 gears. Not my garage, my mechanics.​

As I am one of the few others running a 283 (not a 350) - what made you decide to go back? I've been tossing the idea around too, but it seems like an awful lot of work!

Built some heavy duty jump seat brackets.
1/8 steel.
13707358315_67b81211a8_c.jpg
just made the same thing for mine. Do you remember the exact orientation of these? Maybe it will be obvious when I go to install them?????
001.JPG

just made the same thing for mine. Do you remember the exact orientation of these? Maybe it will be obvious when I go to install them?????View attachment 884383

Some installed pics would be great... I can't say I can even envision how they'd be used at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom