What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got in my bell housing rubber, driveshaft bolts and FIPG to finish up my 4spd swap.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD
image-92703619.jpg

Broke in the new tires on the trail to the secret long range shooting spot....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The targets are steel plates going up the hill across the valley from 450 to 1400 yards.
picture.php

Ditched the sealed beams for the h4's and added relays to power them.

...via IH8MUD app

Hey mrjay - what relays/harness did you use?

The near extinct GL 4 SAE 90 finally arrived,Had a hard time sourcing it,parts stores just don't carry it or not heared of it. I almost gave up & use a modern ubiquitous GL5 80-90. $110 product & shipping from LA to AZ is worth it! You're welcome,my soft yellow Tranny metal!!!
ForumRunner_20140310_151153.jpg
ForumRunner_20140310_151153.jpg

The near extinct GL 4 SAE 90 finally arrived,Had a hard time sourcing it,parts stores just don't carry it or not heared of it. I almost gave up & use a modern ubiquitous GL5 80-90. $110 product & shipping from LA to AZ is worth it! You're welcome,my soft yellow Tranny metal!!!

Dayum! That's more than a barrel of crude costs.

Pulled it out of the garage to do some paint/rust grinding in the fresh air for once. Almost ready for paint...

10012623_10100824888099690_1973223580_n.jpg

Pulled it out of the garage to do some paint/rust grinding in the fresh air for once. Almost ready for paint...

Hey Irish - since this is in my future, about how long does it take to grind a truck that clean, and what are you using to do it?

motovate said:
That light Bar looks Factory- very nice job - you must have a tube bender!!!!!!:D

Thanks! I am still shocked how great they work, I have the relay hooked to my high beams. Yes I have a tube bender but nothing fancy just the $100 harbor freight bender.

Hey Irish - since this is in my future, about how long does it take to grind a truck that clean, and what are you using to do it?

I can't really say on the time since I keep having to travel for work so that breaks it up a lot. That and I can only do it for and hour or two at time to be nice to my neighbors. It wouldn't take too long if you do it all at once. I keep finding rust spots that I need to grind and that has slowed me down a bit too.

This is what I've been using for the paint. The rust and old bed liner got a wire wheel and flapping disk treatment. You could also use Aircraft stripper and strip the paint that way as well. I tried both and the disk below are faster, but they do cost more since you go through a bunch of them.

15786.CPW045STRB01G_4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom