What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a rebuilt steering box, first time in 20+ years of ownership. The old one was loose, out of adjustments and leaking.
I repainted the box because it was packed in a plastic bag with wet paint and was a mess.
I went with primer gray with a clear coat over it. While I had it apart, I painted the steering shaft and column, installed a new rag joint, and repacked the bearings. The steering is much tighter now and I don't look like a drunk on the highway.

9AF1BC35-A2A6-4505-A0FB-6666CF7F604C.jpeg
7C68BBE3-909D-4FA9-B5FD-FAC58B033064.jpeg
389E1066-1351-4446-84CD-356B83D6F5DC.jpeg
AE778038-B14A-4342-8786-0E5FDE185DFC.jpeg

Highly recommend the black steel spare wheels from OEM.

7e2ad2716301654c847f57d1efcd9830.png
Those look good. Simple and nice. Just got a totalled JDM 1994 FZJ80 that some one had shipped in and shortly thereafter rolled it over hard. Man it was deluxe. Center console beverage cooler, 3rd row AC, premium wheels. Don’t think it has front and rear lockers, but I’m going to pick it up Monday and find out more...

Anyway, I may just see how the JDM alloys look on my 80 just because...

I like your methods.
A normal person would probably just buy a new bumper… what a wrencher/hotrodder would do is use an oxy acetylene torch to heat it up and bend it back… what I did (since I do not have an oxy acetylene torch) is some old fashion shade tree mechanical engineering.

A normal person would probably just buy a new bumper… what a wrencher/hotrodder would do is use an oxy acetylene torch to heat it up and bend it back… what I did (since I do not have an oxy acetylene torch) is some old fashion shade tree mechanical engineering.
Ratchet straps, old tree, cold beer....

I finished my fj40 seats! so much more comfy than the bestop buckets that were in the cruiser. I ordered some seat belts from retrobelt as well that should get here today. I ordered the ivory color aviation style belts.

I also huge mundane accomplishment: I found the bolt and nut that holds the oem wiper arm on. It had been hanging out in the glove box in a corner were I could not see. I also made a small acorn nut work for the passenger side wiper.

IMG_2040.JPG
IMG_2055.JPG

Digging the TR3 in the background
Thanks, it’s been in our family for the last 25 years. We bought it for my Dad as a 50th birthday present. He had one through college and sold it when I was born. It was the only car my parents had at the time and no room for a kiddo. A fun little car that we were lucky enough to acquire from the widow of the original owner, which will be handed down to our son one day! I’ve been it’s caretaker for the past 17 years.

0D1D035D-065D-428F-995E-44BF2651B693.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom