What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made it to the World Beater cabin! First offroad outing since the rebuild.
tempImagemFHyuV.png

Installed a digital battery monitor I purchased from Ironman 4x4. Kit cost $100.00 dollars and I have to say that I wasn't too impressed with the wire that runs from the meter to batteries - thickness of wire very small! Meter itself is fine. One picture no load, second picture headlights on. Need to check against my meter to see if the reading are accurate. I was expecting something in the 13 range.

No draw.jpeg

headlights.jpeg

Got the reverse light housing replaced and fixed the wire. I got my bullet connectors from https://easternbeaver.com (no affiliation) but they are a good product so giving a shout out. They are in Japan so you get to wait a little and pay shipping so order a decent sized pack. I ordered the 4mm bullet connectors w/sheath and they are a perfect fit. To crimp them you need the proper crimp tool as well. Mine is a ratchet style has interchangeable dies so I can use it for a few different types of jobs.

Disc brake/large-pattern/fine-spline conversion on @Fj40surfer 72 this week. Along with that we did new stock-height Bilsteins, spring bushings, pins, shackles, all new OEM brake hoses, and rerouted the front circuit hardline away from the header (It came in with the front hose rubbing the header collector).

View attachment 2813505View attachment 2813506View attachment 2813507View attachment 2813508View attachment 2813509
great idea on rerouting the front brake hard line, I will surely copy when I convert my drums to discs!

Went for a little weekend campout with my son

Found a use for the Chevy pitman arm I’ve been storing for 22 years… and the Toyota TRE for 15… and the Scout II box for 8+…

1D468BC5-82B2-495D-BDD0-7870E2560E76.jpeg
99F8AC0E-73D3-47C4-A4ED-869116D308EE.jpeg
D1611A5F-ED62-4032-8667-B0D5B073B278.jpeg

Bought a new TRE since they are still available, but these parts bolt together without custom parts. The OEM 40 Tie Rod is even the correct length. :grinpimp:

I wonder if I should go buy a lottery ticket… or would that be where my luck runs out.

New fan belt today. Doesn't sound like much but it is the last annoying thing when driving it. The belt would start to squeal at cruising speed. This truck is pretty much in running condition after sitting for 4 years and only driven once or twice a year for a few years before that. Now I am back to the back burner projects of replacing things here and there or fixing things that were already broken when I got it around 30 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom