What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4 wheel parts several years ago. They were having a buy 3 and get 1 free sale but were too wimpy to mount them on my skinny rims. Against their policies apparently. Les Scwab mounted them for me and I never had any of the problems 4wp stated I'd have.
Are they Geolander? I’m Wondering if they are available, thanks

Took it to a crawfish boil.

IMG_9106.jpg

IMG_9107.jpg

IMG_9109.jpg

IMG_9110.jpg

@GA Architect that was a pretty nice 56’ Chevy.
That is my wife's cousin's truck, and is not your run-of-the-mill 3600. It has a Cummins 12-valve in it. It's just one of many old trucks he has.

Now the tan Chevy G30 4x4 van is his son's slow ride to the marina.

That is my wife's cousin's truck, and is not your run-of-the-mill 3600. It has a Cummins 12-valve in it. It's just one of many old trucks he has.

Now the tan Chevy G30 4x4 van is his son's slow ride to the marina.
That’s pretty awesome! I didn’t think the chassis was stock. I’m working on installing a 12v in my 56’ GMC. Ask him if you can share his contact information with me please? I would like to see how it fit his engine bay.

Finally finished my suspension upgrade. Procomp leaf springs all around with Bilstien shocks! I’m not gonna lie. It rides like a dream. Well a 41 year old dream...

My wife was blown away and wanted to actually go off roading with me now. I guess the blown out old Rancho shocks and original leaf springs were not a girls best friend 🤷🏻‍♂️

Replaced the factory steering stabilizer with OME. Certainly an improvement, but I think the big play in the wheel is the steering box. :rofl: People... get one of these jaws from Harbor Freight. It's the ONLY way top go will ball joints etc.. I had the stabilzer done in 20 minutes, no BFH required!! LOL
1620139465681.png

Miss Scarlet got a new rear main seal. It is so nice to see a dry "bed pan" when I go out to the garage. Thinking about getting really cocky and taking the pan up, but as we know these trucks are never completely dry underneath.

IMG_3690.JPG

Man thats some pretty country...Have you encountered any grizzlies running or fishing?? I came across one a few years ago fly fishing once...fortunately, everything worked out and that big fella just kept walking.
There are no "official" resident grizz in the area that I run, although they are spotted once or twice a year. Did have a grizz cub stroll through our campsite last summer.

Then there's Slough Creek in Yellowstone.

Yeah, this was north closer to Kalispel...I will be headed back there this year after my 40 is completed to do some more fishing.

??Slough Creek...was that where that guy was mauled recently?
The recent mauling was over near the Madison just outside of Yellowstone and north of West Yellowstone.

When are you heading over to the Kalispell area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom