What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished plumbing in my brake lines.
B50DC80F-F9A4-40EC-8A67-1BE275CB9966.jpeg
89194EBB-A4BE-4C8C-B9D2-6BD769B6B3CE.jpeg

Thanks! That's a fantastic solution.

Did you weld it into the stock bumper? Do the shackle mounts have reinforcement on the back of the bumper at all?
I did not weld the support assembly to my bumper. It comes in 3 pieces . Those are welded together, centered in the bumper to locate my fairlead. Should my bumper be struck on the ends I can remove the winch support without have to cut it up. The shackles mounts are directly in line with the frame end.

Last edited:
Started it for the first time since before Christmas. Checked the fuel level in the sight glass before I cranked it, fuel was right at the bottom of the glass.

Pulled the choke, pumped it 3 times, cranked it, cranked it again, cranked it a third time and it came to life.

Let it settle down to normal rpm, pushed the choke back in and let it idle for about 10 minutes.

Time to look into Time Serts. A much better alternative to helicoils.

I was under my 40 looking at all of the fluid leaks and noticed that my rear drive shaft was out of phase, so I remedied that problem.
It rides much smoother on the highway now.

What is weird is that the last time the driveshaft was off of the diff was 18 years ago, when Man-A-Fre installed my rear ARB locker.
They were still in LA then. I'm not mad at them for the driveshaft, I should have noticed it years ago.
The ARB continues to work flawlessly and the diff has never leaked, so I consider that a quality installation of quality parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom