What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sniper did well. However, I had to get used to the loss of power due to altitude. Other than that, no problems.

The really only issue was on my way back, but wasn't my Sniper. About a mile from the top of Monarch Pass, my sniper screen threw some high AFR's red codes and shut off. A quick call to @FJ60Cam, he diagnosed the issue. Clogged fuel filter, so I changed both on the side of the road. After covering my arms with fuel, I stopped at the top to clean myself up, then proceeded to hauled a$$ to Trinidad, CO for the evening.
Did the distributor behave as well?

New upholstery. Recieved my rebuilt steering box from Mark's Off Road.

20200809_164101.jpg

20200808_183245.jpg

20200809_164150.jpg

Well crap guys, I'm just looking for a small storage shed ,like 12x20 to put my mower in!

Looking at 12 or 14x20 here too - sooo close to this mess of a foundation being over so I can start on the actual shed... can’t wait to get the mower out of the garage and free up the other garage bay.

010B09B9-5397-4726-8E5E-AF9499C48755.jpeg

Cruiser Gear. They have lots of stickers and T-shirts plus anything you buy now enters you to win an FJ62.
LOVE them - They should however hire a better spell check company - Worldwide Shipping requires an "L" in the word? But Wordwide Shipping is kinda funny!

Working on electrical issues and suffering/benefiting from "while I'm in there". PO identified "electrical issues" in that his 24 volt LatAm BJ would burn out bulbs repeatedly. Lo and Behold, he was using 12v bulbs. I sincerely hope that this is issue. Ordered semi-sealed beam halogen 7" headlights since one headlight was burnt out, but here's where the scope creep occurs.

1. Replacing all the bulbs with LED... which meant tracking down a source for 24v brake/taillight 24v bulbs - Over view of Odd Iron Off Road and offerings for Land Cruisers and off road vehicles Great resource for landcruiser lighting items
2. Using LED means replacing Relay. Queue Odd Iron Off Road.
3. While I wait on the led bulbs to get here (some were lost by our glorious Post Office - delivered to wrong house), I checked a couple that I have and the tailights work. So that's good.
4. And what would a good LatAm import be without a fast and dirty respray. So I'll be taking the respray off of the lamp bucket assembly (that starts tonight)
5. Missing a couple of adjuster springs, so I ordered those from Toyota.

HOPEFULLY, using the right bulbs everywhere and a new relay specific to stop the LED hyperflash will fix all my lighting issues. That, and upgraded headlights will have it all nice for night driving for considerably less than $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom