What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sooooo close....
She wants to go bye bye!
Brakes sorted, IAC Set. Letting her sit overnight and check for leaks, etc. Maybe get around the block tomorrow!!!

Also ordered 33 x 10.50s!!

These brand new BFG AT 31 X 10 50s are up for sale!
PM me if you're interested.

20200601_214349.jpg
20200601_214431.jpg

After she is up and running, I want to pull the top and fold the windshield down...
But there's no provision for holding it down on this 64 hardtop.
I think I'm going to cook up some 3D printed solution that snaps into the top of the windshield frame and provides cushion as well as a hold down feature...

Gonna have to think on it....

After she is up and running, I want to pull the top and fold the windshield down...
I think I'm going to cook up some 3D printed solution that snaps into the top of the windshield frame and provides cushion as well as a hold down feature...

I broke my first windshield ('73) by trying out my rig, and the hood had no windshield hold-down feature. Did Toyota not provide a spot for the metal hook?

'Twas time for clutch, pressure plate and flywheel replacement in the LV, over the weekend. As clutch jobs go, this went better than I could've hoped. LOTS of cleaning once the trans and t-case were out. 54 years of sludge, gunk, and grime doesn't come off easily.

Had the trans/t-case out in an hour, but of course had to go after all the peripheral bits.

Once I was ready to go back in on Sunday morning, I had the trans/t-case assembly hung in and the trans jack was out from under it in 15 minutes. The alignment was spot on, which never happens.
IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

Last edited:
Got my hood and fenders back from mediablast prime. The hood looks rough. I found photos from years ago where it was wrecked. Someone did a bang up job getting it Somewhat straight. I will now take it to my brother who is a veteran paint and body guy to let him work his magic. I’m still shooting for the end of June to have it all back together. Before and after.

DF707D8A-0813-4772-89B5-1EC809362901.jpeg

5E047EA4-CE63-443A-B855-553048CC08F6.jpeg

Knobs n Grommets oh my!!!

These are all test samples and have flaws.
Various design ideas. Big, small, stock, etc etc...

Even have the magical floor grommet figured out!

As you can see, I'm losing my mind... lol...

20200602_171856.jpg

@thecrazygreek, did 64s come factory with no hood mounted hold-downs? I’m thinking I have seen a pic or pics of 64s with them. I have a 64 that has them but they may not be stock? Please advise.

@thecrazygreek, did 64s come factory with no hood mounted hold-downs? I’m thinking I have seen a pic or pics of 64s with them. I have a 64 that has them but they may not be stock? Please advise.

Soft tops did have them...
Hard tops did not..

I think they figured it out in 65..?

Got the windshield glass replaced today :) The :princess: was not impressed that I drove it on the highway at 65 with no windshield to the glass shop. I opened the back hatch and had a nice breeze. $258.00 Installed.

IMG_3364.jpeg

Got the windshield glass replaced today :) The :princess: was not impressed that I drove it on the highway at 65 with no windshield to the glass shop. I opened the back hatch and had a nice breeze. $258.00 Installed.

View attachment 2328143
Too funny- when reading your post I had visions of a ww1 fighter pilot with big leather goggles cruising down the highway...Grats on the glass👍

Just did the front axle yesterday.
When putting everything back together I did the centering and it came close enough to call dead on so I measured again and got the same results.
With me exact measurements makes me think I have done something wrong.
Last time I did the axles was 34 years ago and the reason I did them this time was a slight oil leaking around the bottom spindle bolts so figured a seal had gave out.
When I opened them up everything looked good but put new seal and grease in.
I guess I'll give it another 34 years and take a look again.
It's not that hard a job, just messy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom