What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After a round trip drive across Houston in a misty rain, today I gave it a wash....
BC4C5791-A164-4807-B63D-565AAE313326.jpeg

the bizarre nature of the very Recent F.D knobs and cables " going's on " , in

another Forum , left me some how inspired to dive deep into mine last night and

today , these are the first Pull / Push knobs where i am No longer using any type

of white paint , in the Text Font logo Graphics , rather using a product that was

recommended to me by a Display Restore Tech / Artist at the Walters in Baltimore

very recently , its called simply " Pigment " ...........

it comes in a metal tube like tooth paste and smells like 1 million poison chemicals ! 🤮

but has taken what i do to the next step forward level for sure , its Brighter , Whiter , and eazy-peezy to work with too .......

DSCN0693.JPG
DSCN0705.JPG
DSCN0706.JPG
DSCN0707.JPG
DSCN0708.JPG

After the new bumper installation, I had to powder coat the mirror arms to match . . .

Before:
IMG_4944.JPG

After:
IMG_4943.JPG

Match to Bumper:

IMG_4940.JPG

Close-Up:
IMG_4941.JPG

Of course in the pictures, the shadowing in my garage does not do them full justice. They actually turned out really good and considering they are mounted to the doors, you really cant tell the difference. I met with Ricardo at North County Powder Coating Home | ncpc where we landed on a matching color. Really great shop and they are very accommodating with all of my small batches of metal.

Have a great weekend
Lake

After the new bumper installation, I had to powder coat the mirror arms to match . . .

Before:
View attachment 2211935

After:
View attachment 2211936

Match to Bumper:

View attachment 2211937
Close-Up:
View attachment 2211938

Of course in the pictures, the shadowing in my garage does not do them full justice. They actually turned out really good and considering they are mounted to the doors, you really cant tell the difference. I met with Ricardo at North County Powder Coating Home | ncpc where we landed on a matching color. Really great shop and they are very accommodating with all of my small batches of metal.

Have a great weekend
Lake

Do you have the color of the powder? I want to powder coat my bumper as well.

Greased up a new speedometer cable from Cruiser Outfitters and got that installed. I didn’t grease my last one and only got a little over a year out of it. Also installed new LED bulbs in the cluster while I had it out, I could see them light up in the garage today in the middle of the day so it has to be a big improvement. Turn signals and bright indicator are much brighter. Even went for the dash light above the pull knobs, I’m going to have to take a cruise this evening and see what kind of difference they make.

Greased up a new speedometer cable from Cruiser Outfitters and got that installed. I didn’t grease my last one and only got a little over a year out of it. Also installed new LED bulbs in the cluster while I had it out, I could see them light up in the garage today in the middle of the day so it has to be a big improvement. Turn signals and bright indicator are much brighter. Even went for the dash light above the pull knobs, I’m going to have to take a cruise this evening and see what kind of difference they make.

In for pics!!!!

Here’s the patient and result, tough to get a decent pic of the cluster. Lights are much brighter... I didn’t realize how dirty the glass was on the backside so I might need to open up the whole cluster and clean everything up.

18040C10-07EB-4570-91D4-F73DAF01AF35.jpeg

F3AFD325-3B55-4B1B-8033-035240B7D890.jpeg

Curious what kind of grease you use for the speedo cable. Mine sticks and bounces all over the place so a re-lube or replacement is in my future.

Curious what kind of grease you use for the speedo cable. Mine sticks and bounces all over the place so a re-lube or replacement is in my future.

After a lot of reading, most of which advocated any light weight grease, I dug some Phil Wood bicycle grease out of the garage and used that. I pulled the cable out of the housing and greased it as I ran it back in, we will see how it holds up. I thought about using gear oil and even moly since I had a little left over from a recent birf job on the 80.

Do you have the color of the powder? I want to powder coat my bumper as well.

Likely it is cheaper to purchase a new bumper from one of the many Mud supporters here on the site than it is to have your old one powder coated. They are still available making that likely a preferred path versus finding a powder coater - which is what I did. In answer to your question, it was RAL-9007

OK, I'll bite - where did you get that cute little emblem?

Replaced my original metal fan with a plastic one. After seeing the damage it could do, and knowing my luck, I know it was the right move.

View attachment 2212178

Also put on some oem hubcaps. Seem too new and shiny for me but I’ll give it some time.

View attachment 2212179

I agree with you on the hubcaps.
I went with new OEM steelies and hubcaps about a year ago and they were too shiny for my rig, so I sprayed a few coats of matte clear on them.

IMG_2326.JPG
IMG_2327.JPG
IMG_1797.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom