What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wannnt it. Where’d you get the mirror from?

...Junkyard. It came out of a Tundra. ~$30.

It only needs three wires; 12v batt, switched ignition power, a ground and you get autodimming and a garage door opener.

Removed the transmission hump on patina blue, without breaking any bolts! 46 years of funk on the trans and t-case.

Looking to clean up the floor and lay down some Black Star Rust Converter to stop any further deterioration.

592C91EE-8655-4868-9A98-E4948166FF79.jpeg

Finished the restoration of the hardtop. Rust repair on the sides and rear hatch support. Fiberglass work on the top, sprayed the inside and top with spray can bed liner and painted it. New weatherstripping and seals from CityRacer and SOR. It has been 4 years since I have had the top on. I had an old Besttop that maybe kept 50% of the rain out. Should be a much nicer winter here in NorCal since this is my daily driver. :)

20191002_071708.jpg

20190928_103840.jpg

That top looks great! Way to go on matching up the paint. No small feat...
Hard top resto is my itch I can never scratch. I always hold off because they are a ton of work, especially if they are rusted out. All those compound curves and bends... Biggest PITA if you ask me... Did I say I did'nt like hard top restos?

Just ordered a rebuilt steering box from @65swb45 - one step at a time...

I need to get mounting brackets for mine as well. Are you fabricating or did you buy? I don't like the price of the mounts online, so have been waiting.
I actually am modifying some mounts I have. Just need a tad longer and reinforced

Walked by it in the garage for the last week or so, I haven't even started it in a week.

Sounds like I should go fishing.

Last day with the hard top off - enjoyed the weather while running some errands this afternoon. Big changes coming for Yagi.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

Impressive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom