What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To much magchloride around here

I'm glad they don't do that over in this valley, but I still don't run it much in the winter mainly because my Dodge has better creature comforts and I have the peace of mind that my 40 isn't getting damaged.

Spent last night putting high build primer on the rear doors and side panels. Pretty happy with how they turned out!

#fj40_build_nz

72875181_386887445566375_6685365485283835904_n.jpg
71934586_1121078208081605_5106127987892289536_n.jpg

Summer is over. No longer topless.
Do you store your roof on the garage ceiling like that with a winch setup? I've been interested in doing this for some time but haven't pursued it...

Nice work! I have panel repair and rear sill waiting for me on my ‘3/76 40. Who did you use for replacement panels and how was the fitment? Also any pics of the back of rig where repairs were done? Thanks Tom.

I used the rear sill from Awlteq and my other panels came from real steel cruiser parts. I’ve been impressed with the fit with everything I’ve gotten. These are the only pics I could find at the moment. The second pic shows how I started with just a quarter panel patch, but once I stripped the overly thick bondo back,I threw in the towel and replaced the entire quarter panel.

691E1D5E-004F-41D2-B5CF-080B161DE4F7.jpeg

B7FBE290-2D97-4300-9AC4-C202636FDE36.jpeg

Last edited:
I used the rear sill from Awlteq and my other panels came from real steel cruiser parts. I’ve been impressed with the fit with everything I’ve gotten. These are the only pics I could find at the moment. The second pic shows how I started with just a quarter panel patch, but once I stripped the overly thick bondo back, the threw in the towel and replaced the entire quarter panel.

View attachment 2103938

View attachment 2103937
Did you brace the sides before welding in the sill? I assume there is an order to follow? Thanks

Got OEM wheels finally! Put 33x10.5 KM3’s on them. So pumped to finally have it sitting properly.

View attachment 2104658
Man, I've been thinking I was going to get KO2s for the ride quality but those KM3s look bitchin'...

It's not like these trucks are ever going to be quiet, what's a little road noise?

Man, I've been thinking I was going to get KO2s for the ride quality but those KM3s look bitchin'...

It's not like these trucks are ever going to be quiet, what's a little road noise?

Hell ya they do! From what I understand they re-designed the Mud Terrain and discontinued the KM2 in order to have a new design that minimizes the road noise. At least thats what I was told. And I have had both now, and can definitely say these have WAY less road noise. I don't really hear the hum noise on the highway even.

Hell ya they do! From what I understand they re-designed the Mud Terrain and discontinued the KM2 in order to have a new design that minimizes the road noise. At least thats what I was told. And I have had both now, and can definitely say these have WAY less road noise. I don't really hear the hum noise on the highway even.
SOLD!

:)

Got OEM wheels finally! Put 33x10.5 KM3’s on them. So pumped to finally have it sitting properly.

View attachment 2104658
Stunning rig you have there sir, truly shows just how great a color Sky Blue is on a 40! Really wish I went with the KM3’s instead of the K02’s on my ‘78. Next time for sure👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom